BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

Does anyone know what other bands/artists are playing on the strokes day? 14 days to go and still very short on bands compared to say the who which has quite a few established bands

I think we might be hearing tomorrow as they are sending an email out tomorrow

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what other bands/artists are playing on the strokes day? 14 days to go and still very short on bands compared to say the who which has quite a few established bands

They've seemingly changed the set-up to include (I think) one less stage this year, so there will probably be less acts.

Those stages appear to be outside though, in which case you'll have a better chance of seeing the acts than last year, when they were in tiny indoor venues.

http://bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/BST_2015_Public_Map_v12.pdf

Edited by MattDavies__

They've seemingly changed the set-up to include (I think) one less stage this year, so there will probably be less acts.

Those stages appear to be outside though, in which case you'll have a better chance of seeing the acts than last year, when they were in tiny indoor venues.

http://bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/BST_2015_Public_Map_v12.pdf

Is that a viewing platform on a crane at the back?! :lol:

The Barclaycard Better View thing!

Don't think so as why not announce them straight away and none of the line ups have "more to be announced" on them

The blur line-up on the bst page says 'plus many more' after the 12 or so artists listed - not that I'm expecting much more at this stage.

Also the strokes day starts a few hours later than the weekend shows so that's probably why there are less artists that day.

Edited by maarrkk

Hey guys, for those who've been to previous Hyde Park gigs, what's the situation with the pit in front of the stage? I know half is for VIp's but does the other half go by first in there gets a pit pass?

No pit passes, just walk straight in

The blur line-up on the bst page says 'plus many more' after the 12 or so artists listed - not that I'm expecting much more at this stage.

Also the strokes day starts a few hours later than the weekend shows so that's probably why there are less artists that day.

If anyone is going to be added this late it will be really small acts, anyway on the BST website the poster says many more while the even details doesn't specify more acts it even says "Completing the line up" at one point. More to come could have just meant the different days

really? That cant be true, surely?!? 12 acts over 3 stages? (im talking about the Blur day). That seems INCREDIBLY stingie......

The smaller stages are all around 500 capacity - so with 60k in the arena getting to one of them is the problem rather than how many bands there might be.

If the 'organisation' is a dire as last year I really would not bother with the smaller stages.

The smaller stages are all around 500 capacity - so with 60k in the arena getting to one of them is the problem rather than how many bands there might be.

If the 'organisation' is a dire as last year I really would not bother with the smaller stages.

I guess.....although when we were last at a gig at Hyde park (2011. Pulp. Admittedly was with different organisers then, be it as it was under the Wireless umbrella) there was, like, 30 odd acts. And some of the tents then were tiny.....it was never a problem to get in them however.....I also think the bigger tent (which i think was the 2nd stage? Forgive me, it was a long time ago....) had a bigger capacity. Like 3000odd, maybe?!?

On their website it has the start time of 1pm. Now, even taking into account that it would finish at the early time of 10pm, and that if gates open at 1, then bands will most likely start at 2.....12 acts? Across 3 stages? In 8 hours? Are all acts playing at least an hour? Its bizarre!

Makes me wish i'd waited for their muted november tour now.....