BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all a bit naff, isnt it? I rather baulked at the idea of spending £80 to see BLur. But, i figured, there would be stuff to see through the day, a la Pulp a few years ago. Even taking into account that its different organisers, i wouldnt have thought that they would swindle us, the ticket buying public. But, here we are. 12 measly acts. Ignoring the ridiciulous fact of the 20.15 finish time (?!), this is weak. I mean, i dig Drenge, Teleman, Horrors & Roots Manuva. But does that add up to added value, up to £80? Surely not.....

Does anyone know if its the case that, once your in the gates, you cannot leave? I.E. You cannot come & go as you please? Between 3.50 and 7.10, will there be ANYTHING else to do, apart from drink yourself into a stupor?

This is all a bit naff, isnt it? I rather baulked at the idea of spending £80 to see BLur. But, i figured, there would be stuff to see through the day, a la Pulp a few years ago. Even taking into account that its different organisers, i wouldnt have thought that they would swindle us, the ticket buying public. But, here we are. 12 measly acts. Ignoring the ridiciulous fact of the 20.15 finish time (?!), this is weak. I mean, i dig Drenge, Teleman, Horrors & Roots Manuva. But does that add up to added value, up to £80? Surely not.....

Does anyone know if its the case that, once your in the gates, you cannot leave? I.E. You cannot come & go as you please? Between 3.50 and 7.10, will there be ANYTHING else to do, apart from drink yourself into a stupor?

Finish time is 22.15 for Blur - agree it's early. Support is pony for the price and no you can't leave once you are in. At 5 50 a pop it's hard to drink yourself into a stupor too!

Different promoter now. Used to be live nation as part of wireless festival but now it a Bst and with aeg which is why the line up is so bare. The only good line up they've had is the black Sabbath day last year.

Is the strokes 8:15 finish??

I was under the impression the times given allowed for that. The strokes are listed as 845 to 1015. I really don't see them playing more than 90 minutes

In fact primavera was an hour and ten minutes including encores

Edited by atomised

I was under the impression the times given allowed for that. The strokes are listed as 845 to 1015. I really don't see them playing more than 90 minutes

In fact primavera was an hour and ten minutes including encores

I thought that curfew was at 10:30 though and that encore time would be included in the set times

Strokes might not, but Blur will. 

Sabbath were listed to finish at 10:15 last year and I'm sure they finished pretty much bang on half past. 

Even blur though have all the time they would probably use on the schedule 755 til 1015. 2 hours 20. I seriously doubt they would play longer the gap between schedule time and curfew is there to cover delays. Not for the encores. I've never seen.blur play over 2 hours

Edited by atomised

Sabbath were listed to finish at 10:15 last year and I'm sure they finished pretty much bang on half past. 

Last year Neil Young finished well before 10:15 and The Libertines finished at around 10:25 and they had to drop one song from the set and they had numerous delays so I think they were planning on finishing at 10:15. Don't know why Sabbath finished at 10:30 though.

Edited by justanothername