BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guesses at all, but really eager to find out. Can't even think of who would be due to announce this week.

Contenders? Based purely on "could tour UK in 2015 and big enough to play" and nothing more...:

Fleetwood Mac

Foo Fighters (unlikely, surely Wembley round 2?)

AC/DC

The Who (they rescheduled the Irish dates to June, though I don't expect they'll announce more dates until after the UK tour)

U2 (unlikely, indoors tour first)

Would think any of the above are more likely to announce nearer Christmas.

It wasn't THAT bad. The corporate feel & layout was pretty bullshit, yeah, but I got over it quick and the front pit works just like any other festival/outdoor gig- if you wanna get in there you work your way in or get there early. There were only really problems with The Libs gig, and I think that was probably due to, in part, some of the fans...

The smaller stages are pretty pointless though, considering hardly anyone can get in. I'd recommend it if there's a main stage lineup you like the look of.

I thought the set up was really bad during The Libertines but when I went a week later for Neil Young everything was fine, it seemed quieter but also the fans were less "rowdy" (apart from these two pricks next to me during The National). So I'm going to consider it this year again but it has to be a really good line up for me to go (or really cheap tickets again :P )

Then security personnel needn't exist anywhere in the world.

With an all day event people are expected to drink a lot (hell, they're hoping you do) and the effects of that can be that someone acts a twat and threatens the safety of other people. Security are there to prevent that rather than frisk people for KitKats.

Edited by dentalplan

Then security personnel needn't exist anywhere in the world.

With an all day event people are expected to drink a lot (hell, they're hoping you do) and the effects of that can be that someone acts a twat and threatens the safety of other people. Security are there to prevent that rather than frisk people for KitKats.

That's a bit of an extreme jump.

I'm not saying that the security shouldn't take some of the blame, all I'm saying is people need to take more responsibility for their actions. The problems seemed to stem from groups of 10+ people deciding to jump fences or climb structures that can't be manned by anymore than 2/3 people. The security and organisers can't plan for situations- they're just relying on adults to act their age, as per any similar event anywhere.

Again, it's not really the security guys jobs to make sure you can handle what you're putting in your body...

Of course it isn't. It's the security's job to keep the majority safe when people aren't acting civilly. It was obvious from the announcement that there was gonna be a certain kind of crowd there so it should've been anticipated that the shit that went on may happen. The security can't prevent everything, you're right, but I imagine they can be better prepared than they were. Either way I wasn't there so I'm just going on the comments of others.

Again, it's not really the security guys jobs to make sure you can handle what you're putting in your body...

Why the else are they there for? They are there to keep the crowd safe from the actions of the twats...

From what i've read online most of it was caused by bad planning of the layout. Something about only one way out of the main pit/GA area? Someone said they was being told to move back, but there wasn't anywhere for them to go as there was a barrier behind them (Not sure if thats on about some sort of front pit? But if thats the case, they have clearly allowed to many to get into the front pit, regardless of it being the crowd climbing over or not.)

As for bands either AC/DC or Foo Fighters to be announced first I reckon.

Edited by LondonTom

Not actually Lady Gaga though. :P

Do they only tend to get AEG acts?

- no i think it's her press, I remember the twitter handle from previous announcments

They're unlikely to get their main competitor, Live Nation's acts, though I have heard rumours that they've lost so much money on BST they've asked Live Nation to help them out until the five year deal at Hyde Park ends.

I notice GnR are on AEG's rosta

Perhaps. Though there seems to be a few French tweets and it seems Lady Gaga's playing in Paris on 30/10 so that will probably be what that's about.

Not surprised they've been losing money what with the discounted tickets and failure to sell and what not. There doesn't seem to be that many potential outright headliners within those acts. Prince, Rod, Gaga, Cohen, Beyonce, Justins Timberlake and Bieber, GNR as you said and The Who. If they're not doing an exclusive somewhere then I can't see The Who not doing it, to be honest.

Edited by dentalplan