Utilizing your festival experience research

BenWheeler

I am currently in my final year of a Product Design degree at Manchester Metropolitan University. I am looking at festivals and seeing what could be improved to make sure that you utilize your weekend.

I would really appreciate it if as many people as possible would fill in this 2 minute survey, I would love to have some insight into your festival experience.

The survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6VWS8SV

If you have any other issues or would like to tell me what you would improve at a festival, please do so below.

Thanks,

Ben Wheeler

Edited by BenWheeler

If you have any other issues or would like to tell me what you would improve at a festival, please do so below.

Thanks,

Ben Wheeler

Well, I do feel like I'm going through a more deviant period right now that I'm finding it hard to cope with. Thanks for offering me the chance to talk about it. The thing is I long to be a stoker on a steam train, but also be allowed to dress up as Marlene Dietrich on my upper torso and be all hairy like a Springer Spaniel on my legs, while I was stoking the fire - so to speak. Dear Ben, can you fix it for me? I need your Product Design skills Ben, and I need them like yesterday. Please help me in my hour of need. You can do this Ben. You CAN get out of bed and give a fuck.

Jeez, of the many surveys I have completed on here, this must rate as the worst. It does ask which festivals (plural) you have been to and treats them all the same. It assumes you use the showers. It includes money in the what matters question (er, no, I never bother taking money...)

I hope Ben's products are better designed than his survey. At least it was short...

Wow. I have been to Glasto several times but how do the very experienced Glasto goers/posters on here get to be so mean!! Why would you?

With all your vast knowledge, just help the guy out. Why not!!!!!! Oh dear indeed.

your missing the point - with the way it links ' all festivals together ' it makes it impossible to fill it in correctly unless a person has only attended one festival this year.
One question relates to Lockers -
Glastonbury has a free Lock up service but Reading its something like £20 for a small locker and I am sure that more people at Glastonbury use the lock up service than people at Reading { adjusted by attendance }
Lucky enough I dont need to use a locker but if I was to answer that question
Did you think there were enough facilities at the festival to cope with every one? - it would be ' Strongly Agree ' for Glastonbury but ' Strongly Disagree ' for Reading.
its really up to Ben Wheeler to edit his survey to make it worthwhile.

Wow. I have been to Glasto several times but how do the very experienced Glasto goers/posters on here get to be so mean!! Why would you?

With all your vast knowledge, just help the guy out. Why not!!!!!! Oh dear indeed.

We are trying to help, by shaking him out of the delusion that what he has provided will suffice to get him a high grade. It will not. He needs to think much deeper than he has done so far to stand a chance.

I believe a degree is to prepare you for some kind of career, where you will have to deal with criticism and will have to take ownership for your work.

Ben (if you ever come back here), you need to reread your survey, get some friends to do it before unleashing it on the public. Your title of the thread doesn't even make sense, let alone some of the questions. If you want people to answer about a specific festival then say so, but as others have said its impossible to answer the questions across a broad range of festival experiences. And for crying out loud, use a spell check.

You are asking people to give up some time to help you, show a little courtesy by putting some effort in yourself.

Thanks for the feed back, I haven't just ignored this post since I posted this. I have taken on board your criticism and I am rewriting the questionnaire to be more specific. I do apologize about the spelling, I did ask my mate to spell check it but next time I will run it through word. That is down to my dyslexia, my apologies. Once I've redone the questionnaire I will post it again in this topic, and if you would like to fill it out again and give me feed back that would be much appreciated.

Hang on in there Ben. My daughter is severely dyslexic but with the right support she's managed to do a degree in politics, a masters in international development and is now in her final year of a mental health nursing degree.

The important thing is that you demonstrate your thinking and analytical capabilities and dyslexia should be no bar to that.

Spell checkers are a great help but make sure your checker is set to UK not US English so that you don't apologize but apologise.

I think the checker on this forum is in US English but that's probably something that comes with Neil's software.

Hang on in there Ben. My daughter is severely dyslexic but with the right support she's managed to do a degree in politics, a masters in international development and is now in her final year of a mental health nursing degree.

The important thing is that you demonstrate your thinking and analytical capabilities and dyslexia should be no bar to that.

Spell checkers are a great help but make sure your checker is set to UK not US English so that you don't apologize but apologise.

I think the checker on this forum is in US English but that's probably something that comes with Neil's software.

Cheers, your daughter has done incredibly well and I hope she does well in her nursing degree.

I have rewrote the questionnaire and shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes to fill out quickly, but if you do have some spare time it would be much appreciated if you could fill it out in a little more detail using the comments.

The survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6VWS8SV[1]

Thank you for your time,

Ben

Ben, the survey is still not right. Because you ask the question "How do you rate the facilities at the festival?" which is no good if people went to several.

The facilities might have been good at one but not at the others.

Maybe you need people to rate how important they think facilities are at a festival.

Even that has difficulties though as you might not worry about a shower at a short weekend fest but for a longer fest like Glasto that might be important.

You might, nevertheless, start to get a pattern emerging.

For example, I went once to the IoW and never again, because, unlike Glastonbury, I wasn't allowed to take in my own food and drink and had to buy the sponsors food and drink at their rip off prices. So being able to take my own food and drink would be important to me.

Edited by grumpyhack