getfestivalready

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but an avid festival goer.

A bit of background. Over the last few years, my friends and I have consistently bemoaned the fact that there is no real one-stop shop for festival gear. There are some websites out there but they are pretty limited and weren't doing a very good job.

Therefore, this year, my friends and I have created our own festival gear website. Don't worry, I am not here to try and spam you and i am not even going to put a link to the site for here (mainly because it isn't finished).

What I am interested in though is getting any feedback from you guys? We are looking to form three separate focus groups to test out our product range, website, etc... once we have launched. If this is something that you would like to be a part of then please message me or comment on this post. Participants in the group will be rewarded (we haven't decided how yet).

In addition, while we have compiled an extensive list of products, are there any items that you have found particularly hard to get hold of or that you think are particularly expensive? We are looking to get as much feedback as possible before going live next March.

Many thanks,

Chris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum's shop is the perfect "one stop shop". It sells everything you could ever need. Including excellent trolleys dirtymookie.

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/festival-trolleys--wagons-75-c.asp

The belts with the secret pouch I can personally vouch for.

Your website would not be much use to most of the users of this forum I'd imagine.

We are looking to provide a greater range of products, a better designed website and importantly significantly cheaper options.

Cheaper options tend to be lesser quality, and there are plenty of those about already...

Why do you think we need a one stop shop for Festival's anyway? In the age of the internet its no more convenient to order from one shop compared to others.

and oh fixed:

Edited by LondonTom

I wish you luck with your venture, but there's a reason why efestivals isn't running its own shop, and is instead working with an existing retailer.

If everything was as easy as creating a website and being cheaper we'd all be doing it.

We have taken a extensive amount of time to visit/source wholesalers for each of the products. It is not an easy process and we have been working for a number of months.

There's a reason for both, as I'm sure you'll very soon discover once your enthusiasm is replaced by reality.

Funky Leisure has a poorly designed website and doesn't have any significant online advertising presence.

The site has been running since Feb 2007 but hasn't generated backlinks, social media interest and doesn't rank for the major terms.