Orbital call it a day

5co77ie

After a very successful reunion in 2008 that included sell out tours, headline appearances at festivals around the world, special guest Matt Smith as Doctor Who at Glastonbury, the Paralympics opening ceremony with Professor Stephen Hawking, and not forgetting the highly- acclaimed album Wonky, brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll have decided to bring down the curtain on Orbitals remarkable 25 year career.

Orbital had stopped working properly. We had a great four years since getting back together in 2008, but it was time to move on. says Paul.

And move on he certainly has. Paul Hartnoll has recorded his new album 8:58, which is set for release on February 16th. He has also confirmed a UK tour for February in support of the album.

Tickets go on general sale from 9am, Friday 24th October.

Ah here. I dont think they need to bloody announce "the end" mark 2. If you are stopping this time for good just stop. No need to make a big deal about it and sure if you dont say it you dont look like a pair of dicks if you come back again.

I love Orbital but the cynic in me hates this shit.

Ive since seen an interview and they say never say never on them reforming too.

They should have just said we are going to focus on solo work for a while, maybe we might do some orbital stuff in the future but it might never happen again.

Yeah...can't really take it seriously as they have said it before and come back! It's probably just to promote the one brother going solo so people won't just wait for an Orbital tour. Their Glastonbury 2010 performance is up there as my favourite set ever at Glastonbury full stop.Seen Orbital twice and would have been nice to see them one last time

it was magical that set. My fave set at Glasto.