Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, without wanting to put a downer on it for anyone else, I gotta admit I'm quite disappointed - Afro Celt have never been my thing and, in my opinion, would be more suited to the dance tent than for main stage headliner - clearly they blew the budget on James :( Quite pleased with Neck, however, as they are a band that I've heard good things about, but not, as yet, got around to experiencing live. At the moment, all the good stuff for us is either on the undercard or on the Woodland stage.

Booking Afro Celts wasn't really about budget constraints, more about what was available that we thought interesting and credible enough - and regularly requested on the forums. We could have got a couple of rock or indie/ish acts - we thought they would be too similar to our other headliners, and part of Bearded Theory is the eclectic programming.

They've headlined bigger capacity, higher ticket price festivals in the past. For our capacity and ticket price we have second billings this year and in past years that should be headlining.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada

ttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada

Anvil!

Heart!

Bunchofuckingoofs!

Would love it to be Anvil - that would be a great laugh! :D

It's Neil Young innit? Don't worry your secret's safe with me...

The Afro Celts are a HUGE draw for me. A top top act, a bit unfair/inaccurate to call them a "Dance" act a bit like calling the Stone Roses a dance act, they are world, folk, rock, dance (and other stuff) all fused into one huge party.

Main Stage Spotify playlist....

http://open.spotify.com/user/gnomicide/playlist/7lBODqqM5pQEECzyMCPBrG

Missing a couple as not all the bands are on Spotify. I've not listened all the way through so if you spot any errors let me know.

Cheers.

Edited by Gnomicide

Main Stage Spotify playlist....

http://open.spotify.com/user/gnomicide/playlist/7lBODqqM5pQEECzyMCPBrG

Missing a couple as not all the bands are on Spotify. I've not listened all the way through so if you spot any errors let me know.

Cheers.

Thank you.