Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

It's our first year coming to BT this year, however we cannot come till Friday afternoon due to work.

We are coming with our 3 year old daughter and have quite a big tipi tent. Just slightly worried about pitching it.

Having been to most of the big festivals, I know how fast campsites can fill up. Last thing I need is to turn up on Fri and be unable to pitch my tent.

Does the campsite usually get rammed?

Also is there a family campsite?

Cheers

Yes Adam, there is a family campsite, and my impression was that they have increased camping space this year, although I don't know if that means family camping will be spacious or not, not camped there. Certainly enough space in regular camping without it seeming full of gaps.

Family camping is next to the drop off point on the map that's presumably above somewhere.

Our tickets arrived yesterday too - Hooray! :D Time to think about getting some supplies in .....

Hello from a field. Grounds fine. Few showers over the next week will be fine. Lots of ground works done. Impressed

Cheers Paul, good to hear.

Thursday cant come quick enough, not often I wish a weekend away...

Hi all.

It's our first year coming to BT this year, however we cannot come till Friday afternoon due to work.

We are coming with our 3 year old daughter and have quite a big tipi tent. Just slightly worried about pitching it.

Having been to most of the big festivals, I know how fast campsites can fill up. Last thing I need is to turn up on Fri and be unable to pitch my tent.

Does the campsite usually get rammed?

Also is there a family campsite?

Cheers

As has already been said - there is loads of room. Camping was "cramped" last year apparently according to some people. There was loads of rooms - and theyve got the equivalent of an extra camping field this year as well!

Gnomicide - If last year is anything to go the Thursday was quite busy. We got into Tornado Town for a couple of bands but there was people milling around outside as well. I saw somewhere that they were leaving the sides off on the Thursday this year as well (although not sure who/when or where I read that!)

Gnomicide - If last year is anything to go the Thursday was quite busy. We got into Tornado Town for a couple of bands but there was people milling around outside as well. I saw somewhere that they were leaving the sides off on the Thursday this year as well (although not sure who/when or where I read that!)

Ta!

Just done my clashfinder.. Blast! A sea of green.. Zion train & RDF is a choker, but looks like I'm gonna miss NMA again, this time for cosmosis..

Last time NMA played, me & a chum went to get supplies from the tent, had a little natter, walked back to catch the band and there were swarms of people were heading in our direction.. Managed to miss the entire set, talking about Buddhism! Neither of us know anything about Buddhism..

Me and the wife did a clothes stall at a market today which was reasonably successful financially speaking so gives me greater hope of attending BT. I guess it all depends on how much we spend on our mini wedding anniversary holiday which starts this Monday. Just to add to the mix a lady came up to my wife today and said that her stall was really the type of stall they were looking for at a women only event she was running. This could potentially be just right for us financially. So where's the downside - the event is on Monday 25th May ie when we should be taking it easy and leaving BT at our leisure. Might still try to do both events.

Just updated clashfinder with the Big Top details as Gail has posted times on Facebook.

RDF are on lots later than was first thought so keep them fingers crossed that Zion Train move a bit earlier!!

Bearded Theory confirmed on Twitter back in mid April than NMA were closing the main stage, not Afro Celt.

Hope this helps.

thanks both :)