The Park 2015

Tuna

Thought we were absent of a lovely Park thread, so... Who are we hoping to see on the Park in 2015?

Personally I have heaps and heaps: Sufjan Stevens, Magnetic Fields (not really active but a man can dream), Yo La Tengo (I will never shut up about them), Deerhunter, The Antlers, Real Estate...

ok you go

Edited by Tuna

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narrowing down to acts that seem to stand a good chance of being active and around, going by touring and release cycles, and all that (getting slightly less likely towards the end): DIIV, Sky Ferreira, Grimes, The Vaselines, The Primitives, Moonface, The Lemonheads, The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Unicorns (I can dream, too).

Reckon The Cribs and Belle & Sebastian will both be there, but probably on bigger stages.

Thought we were absent of a lovely Park thread, so... Who are we hoping to see on the Park in 2015?

Personally I have heaps and heaps: Sufjan Stevens, Magnetic Fields (not really active but a man can dream), Yo La Tengo (I will never shut up about them), Deerhunter, The Antlers, Real Estate...

ok you go

These in bold, also.

Edited by bocumaroy

Nah. I'd say a pretty good size especially if the opposition headliners were big enough. Same goes for MBV too I'd reckon - they're a similar size if not MBV a little bigger.

I'd say MBV are more popular than JAMC, both good shouts for a Park headliner though. Haven't seen either since their reformation, would like to see Slowdive up there too

pj harvey (for her sake) should never be booked to play the pyramid or the other stage, again, for me she's another artist that doesn't make sense playing outdoors / in daylight, so at a push john peel tent if she were to play, but looking at the bookings in there the last couple years, she's outwith that young indie / dance demographic.

future islands i think would be great at the park...he's certainly the most interesting frontman going about at the moment, and the singles album is very good.

Edited by Northernsoul45

Came on to suggest Goat and saw CHRLY had got there first - this needs to happen and is surely quite likely! Loads of other great suggestions - I'm (perhaps perversely) hoping that the Other headliner against Fleetwood Mac is also someone I'm not interested in, so I'm free to see someone headline elsewhere next year. PJ Harvey would be glorious.

Edited by theevilfridge