The Park 2015

Tuna

Aye, she's what 75 as well?

Sometimes with the older performers you half expect that you may be going so that you can see a legend, but that they're struggling a bit and being helped along by a very energetic younger band - eg. James Brown.

In her case, it was clear that the band wanted to play all night, but she was awesome and truly held her own.

Yep, 75.  Considering she was suffering from a sore throat she put on a good shot.  At one point she said to her guitarist that she needed a spoon (faintly picked up by a mic) - but it was obvious she wanted to take meds without people seeing.

Edited by jcd_lowe

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Terje was amazing (dat accordion!), but I'm upset I had to miss Mavis for it. Bloody Glastonbury. To be fair, clashes were kinder to me this year than they usually are, Charli XCX even obligingly played 10 minutes earlier than advertised, meaning she had finished in time for me to get to the Other and right into the action before Belle & Sebastian even came on.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Wished there had been more people there for Perfume Genius as I enjoyed his set and spotted myself on the video of the show. Interested to know if anyone else saw him.

I saw it. He's great. Pretty intense stuff live.

I guess it was just that it's Sunday -- and he's not particularly well known. 'Queen' got a lot of play on Radio 6 last year, was one of the songs of the year for me; bit different to his other stuff though all-in-all.

Aye, she's what 75 as well?

Sometimes with the older performers you half expect that you may be going so that you can see a legend, but that they're struggling a bit and being helped along by a very energetic younger band - eg. James Brown.

In her case, it was clear that the band wanted to play all night, but she was awesome and truly held her own.

Took a chance on Mavis as I only know I'll Take You There from her catalogue, but with the time of day and the weather I figured it was worth a shot.  So glad that I did; she hit time and mood just perfectly.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.