gigs to get us through the slow winter months

thurlow84

Ive got the manic street preachers in december in manchester doing their the holy bible album which i thought id never get to see and the following night its up to glasgow to see cast who are being supported by tujuiana bibles and they have been one of my favorite finds this year

I've got Slipknot in liverpool and Jungle in Manchester booked. Really wanted to go to the Whiskey sessions but im travelling around Australia and Thailand next month (unfortunately ;) ). They have started to get a good mix of older bands in venues near me recently (I live in Cumbria), went to see funeral for a friend a couple of weeks ago (who were great), also Tim Burgess and OCS have visited recently and I've heard that a venue is trying to book Reef for a gig amongst others over xmas.

I've got Slipknot in liverpool and Jungle in Manchester booked. Really wanted to go to the Whiskey sessions but im travelling around Australia and Thailand next month (unfortunately ;) ). They have started to get a good mix of older bands in venues near me recently (I live in Cumbria), went to see funeral for a friend a couple of weeks ago (who were great), also Tim Burgess and OCS have visited recently and I've heard that a venue is trying to book Reef for a gig amongst others over xmas.

I saw Time Burgess at The Band On The Wall. It got a bit confusing as Mark Collins was on guitar and they were doing Charlatans songs. Was a good gig though.

Reef were on my predictions for KC either this year or last. Surprisingly it was one I got wrong :ninja:

Have never seen them but would like to.

Ive got the manic street preachers in december in manchester doing their the holy bible album which i thought id never get to see and the following night its up to glasgow to see cast who are being supported by tujuiana bibles and they have been one of my favorite finds this year

Pretty sure I had Cast down as well as they were decent at Wickerman 2 years ago. Think I might just post the exact same predictions for next year. Couldn`t do any worse !!

Pretty sure I had Cast down as well as they were decent at Wickerman 2 years ago. Think I might just post the exact same predictions for next year. Couldn`t do any worse !!

Ive predicted cast both years as well....really wanted it to happen, never saw them as a band yet but did catch john power doing a solo show earlier this year and really looking forward to them now. All change is one of my fav albums

• 4 weeks later...

Ordinary Boys in Leeds on Saturday,

The Enemy/The Twang in Sheffield Dec.

Noel Gallagher in Nottingham March.

Catfish and the Bottlemen in Sheffield April.

Gonna wait till the line up for Kendal this year, felt a little let down by last years line up. Although it was a great weekend, was a lot of time to kill and hiding from the rain.

Get back from Croatia the Weds before too, so gonna hold fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Foo's, Nick Cave and idlewild for me, cant bloody wait.

Got Tickets to the Foos, Courteeners and Black Keys so fingers crossed KC this year can live up to the warm up!!

If the rumours on here are to be believed then I too will be seeing the Foos in June next year. I tried to get Idlewild tickets yesterday for their Glasgow gig(s) but sold out. The Courteeners would certainly do the job at KC and would keep the youth happy. We`ve discussed before whether they would be the right " type " of band for KC but I saw them a couple of years back and enjoyed it.

I`ve got Ocean Colour Scene and then The Stranglers in the New Year.

• 2 months later...