Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the merry band of mumford's could headline - I'd say noel could too...

Bit deluded there sir.

Like it or not, Mumford and Sons are absolutely massive. I mean ridiculously, unbelievably, huge. Even more so in the States, too.

Noel on his own isn't a big enough pull. It'd be like saying Morrissey could headline. Sub yes, but headline? No way.

And for the record I'm a big Oasis fan and don't like Mumford.

Edited by Sketchead

Bit deluded there sir.

Like it or not, Mumford and Sons are absolutely massive. I mean ridiculously, unbelievably, huge. Even more so in the States, too.

Noel on his own isn't a big enough pull. It'd be like saying Morrissey could headline. Sub yes, but headline? No way.

And for the record I'm a big Oasis fan and don't like Mumford.

Maybe its the demographic I know, but I dont know of anyone remotely into Mumford and Sons. I couldnt name you a song by them either - I am willing to admit though, that I wasnt really aware of their popularity til it was announced they would headline Glastonbury. I do plead ignorance on that.

As much as I love the Smiths, they didnt do the 2nd biggest selling album in this country, of all time (that was not a greatest hits). Id say in terms of being able to fill the field with a crowd, Noel Gallagher has as decent a shout as a lot would, more than Morriswy would anyway.

And Sub is a perfect spot for Noel, I just think IF they are struggling to get a headliner (I have no reason to think they would, just if) he is a decent shout

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Im 19. Mumford & Sons are probably second only to Arctic Monkeys in terms of how many people I come across around my age who are proper into them. Theyre huge.

Maybe it is a generation thing (Im 30), but Im not sure it is as Ive spoke about them at work when they were announced in 2013 and since.

They obviously are popular, but like Miranda Hart, James Corden and Formula One - nobody I know is slightly interested.

Maybe it is a generation thing (Im 30), but Im not sure it is as Ive spoke about them at work when they were announced in 2013 and since.

They obviously are popular, but like Miranda Hart, James Corden and Formula One - nobody I know is slightly interested.

It probably is a generational thing, actually. But when I mix with people outside my age group I tend to gravitate towards people with similar music taste anyway, so it’s difficult to say. My Mum likes them though, and I imagine that isn’t uncommon.

I'm 18 and would say that's slighty exaggerated but I fully agree with you that they are huge

Who would you say? I can’t think of many that come close, really. Maybe Muse.

I'm 18 and would say that's slighty exaggerated but I fully agree with you that they are huge

I'm 21 and I'd say it's not exaggerated at all. Definitely one of the biggest bands in the country,for casual fans anyway, i don't know if you could get 90000 people forking out 50 quid each to see them at wembley whereas with say Muse this is easily possible. However asking an average person on the street they will probably be able to name more m&s's songs than Muses