Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lad needs to grow his hair and plug in that block of wood posing as a guitar? wheres the emg 81/85 combo? I dont see any pickups at all! what is this witchcraft!.....

You're basically saying that Motorhead are Rock n Roll and not metal. So you are the one lumping them in the same bed as Gallagher. 

Hmm I dont really give a stuff of the opinion of the `efest posse` on a band like motorhead, your never going to like them.....Im never going to care...they werent at there best at glasto but lemmy has been ill and the dudes in his 70s now of course hes going to look a bit `gaunt`....tell you what when you hit 70 if you can still keep up a tour scedule like they do then ill take my words back.....most people lemmys age can barely remember what day it is let alone how to play `rock n roll`........also some parts of the set were awesome, mikky dee is still one of the best drummers around bar none!......right now lets get back on topic and talk about how fucking awful and overrated both bands mentioned in this thread are........when I heard that paranoid android song I thought I was listening to the slow drawn out death rattle of someone whod impaled themself on a set of fence spikes.......

You must have missed this news, tcp;

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/08/metal-fans-turn-out-to-be-happier-than-everyone-else

Were motorhead really that bad? Makes the decision to see RTJ all the more satisfying if so. I did catch AOS on the highlights. Lemmy doesn't look well if I'm perfectly honest.

Yeah they were a real let down. Painful to be honest, they just seemed well past it. Actually the drummer was pretty good but that aside they were dire.

oasis are a long way from rock n roll haha......sterilised pretend rock n roll for the 90s indie kids jumping on the madchester scene trend maybe....I like angus youngs opinion on oasis......are they even a proper band? haha

But the only thing Oasis had in common with the Madchester scene was the fact that they came from Manchester, like some of the Madchester bands. 

The music was different, the haircuts were different, the clothes were different and Oasis were more cocaine than ecstasy. There was nothing acid house what so ever about 90's indie kids and the nearest Oasis got to it so a dodgy cover version of Cartouche - Feel The Groove.

aye There There is obviously a very close second, but there's something about Punchup that hits all the right spots for me. the other omissions Thom makes i can understand, but not that one

I think he's right. It's a good song, but it doesn't work very well on that album. I'd rather it was just a stand alone track.

Accurate or not you can't deny thats where a lot of their popularity came from....they were a very average indie rock band away from all that....and thats why they died out when the trend died out pretty much......i still remember the kevin snd perry sketch taking the piss out of it all.....clutching an oasis juice bottle...wuality haha http://youtu.be/ZDKF8KkD7rE

I don't think Oasis died out mate. Noel walked out just before Oasis were due onstage to headline a major UK festival. If they got back together tomorrow, they would get to pick which major UK festival they wish to headline next year.

90's indie kids were well behind Oasis, but they had major crossover appeal as well. 

One thing is for certain, Madchester was well and truly over by the time Oasis came around. The media had seen to that. 

I found the Kevin and Perry sketch quite funny to be fair.

Anyway I am too busy looking forward to the return of two other Manc bands later on this year in the shape of New Order and Hurts, to worry about what was and might have been with Oasis. It is just a bit mad how Oasis have been likened to the reincarnate and a continuation of Madchester in recent weeks, as I never ever saw that with them. 

Accurate or not you can't deny thats where a lot of their popularity came from....they were a very average indie rock band away from all that....and thats why they died out when the trend died out pretty much......i still remember the kevin snd perry sketch taking the piss out of it all.....clutching an oasis juice bottle...wuality haha

Hmm much as though i had tired of them and the crowds they attracted by the end of the band (or should i say hiatus Zzz) on their last tour before the split they were playing huge outdoor gigs such as 3 nights at Heaton Park so I'm not sure they were "dying out" as you put it.

Edited by ericlered

Hmm much as though i had tired of them and the crowds they attracted by the end of the band (or should i say hiatus Zzz) on their last tour before the split they were playing huge outdoor gigs such as 3 nights at Heaton Moor so I'm not sure they were "dying out" as you put it.

Three sold out nights at Heaton, three at Wembley, headlining V, there were other stadium shows... Half a million people easily.

Michael Eavis tried his best to get Oasis to headline in 2009. He's quoted as saying so himself.

Interesting. Wonder which of the three headliners they would've taken the place of. Funny to think that one of glastonburys unarguably best set of headliners could've been spoilt if Oasis had said yes