Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

I didn't find the crowd for Stone Roses at Heaton Park to be very bad at all. One of the friendliest crowds I've been in actually, though obviously I was just in a small part of a vast field..

Glasgow was far worse down the front. People were friendlier at Heaton Park but I still noticed a couple of people near me getting drenched in piss.

The Libertines at Hyde Park is another one I've been to that were full of these pricks.

Edited by The Placid Casual

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't find the crowd for Stone Roses at Heaton Park to be very bad at all. One of the friendliest crowds I've been in actually, though obviously I was just in a small part of a vast field..

Yea i thought the Heaton park crowd was fine aswell! Ive been fairly lucky with nobheads at gigs. but The Libertines at BST last year, was insanely rowdy.

Edited by Bonehead> Clapton

Maybe it's time to shatter some illusions..

I know bonehead quite well (he's alright in doses...). We were at the same Radiohead performance in 2009 at reading. This did indeed happen. They were highly annoying.

Well god damn.....looks like I owe the lunatic an apology.

I cannot deny that radiohead do seem to attract their fair share of chin stroking ballbags it must be said.

Radiohead headlining again would be the single greatest thing they could book next year imo.

I really wonder how much longer radiohead will stay together, one last big Glastonbury hurrah would be tremendous!

Plus I can't see any other UK festival going for them.

are we comparing noel gallagher to paul mccartney now?

A new low.

I'm not comparing influence or musical output no.

That would be stupid.

Acts of a certain size just don't need the full members to headline, thats the only point Im making.

(No, Oasis are not comparable to the beatles size wise)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Radiohead headlining again would be the single greatest thing they could book next year imo.

I really wonder how much longer radiohead will stay together, one last big Glastonbury hurrah would be tremendous!

I don't think they'll be splitting up any time soon. I think the fact that they haven't already and most of them do their own stuff means that they're happy going at their own pace under their own label now.

I don't think they'll play the Pyramid for a long while, to be honest. Thom only recently said to someone that the Pyramid sound isn't good enough and last tour they seemed content to just do their own arena shows. I think IOW or possibly even Bestival could come in for them one time but I'd say they're more likely to do no fests.

These threads don't half go off topic.

Well god damn.....looks like I owe the lunatic an apology.

I cannot deny that radiohead do seem to attract their fair share of chin stroking ballbags it must be said.

Ahaha I blame nobody for questioning the legitimacy of a comment like that, from a profile by the name of Bonehead>Clapton!

Oh definitely. At their O2 gig in 2012, Me and friend got condecending looks from those around us for joining in with Eds "heeeyyaaaa" during weird fishes. Saying that we were pretty loud...

I've been waiting for them to do it my whole life. I've had my brother, who was there in 97, bang on for decades about how that was the greatest gig hes ever seen. Them heading next year would give me some sort or retort.

I would like to think that they'll keep going. There never appears to be any animosity whatsoever between the band and as long as they keep bringing out inventive records, I can't see them stopping any time soon, especially with this long a gap between albums.

Edited by T-Mouse

Anything is better than the god awful sound at Hyde Park. Can't see BST going on much longer 2bh

Blur was a marked improvement in terms of sound this year, but can't help feeling that resorting to flogging tickets for a 5er is a telling sign about the future of BST. This year was horrifically overpriced.

Ally pally was a sensational evening. Topped only by their Glastonbury show this year.

Edited by T-Mouse

The Ally Pally shows had far better crowds and were far better shows.

Maybe its just something to do with bigger outdoor gigs. A mate showed me a picture of the crowd at Hyde park climbing the outside speakers which was one of the stupidest thing I'd ever seen at a gig considering the danger if the thing collapsed.

Maybe its just something to do with bigger outdoor gigs. A mate showed me a picture of the crowd at Hyde park climbing the outside speakers which was one of the stupidest thing I'd ever seen at a gig considering the danger if the thing collapsed.

The band had to stop because of that, having already stopped twice due to crushes down the front. Pete took to shouting at them to get down.

The band had to stop because of that, having already stopped twice due to crushes down the front. Pete took to shouting at them to get down.

at Glastonbury '97, Ian Brown was headlining the New Bands Tent.  my mate climbed up one of the poles holding the tent up, and out across the lighting rig, hanging one handed while impersonating a monkey, in honour on Mr Brown, who was left on stage, unable to continue due to H&S people stopping the gig until my mate climbed down.

"come on son, get down, it's past your bedtime", said Brown.  Instant 'fame' for my mate.

I don't think they'll be splitting up any time soon. I think the fact that they haven't already and most of them do their own stuff means that they're happy going at their own pace under their own label now.

I don't think they'll play the Pyramid for a long while, to be honest. Thom only recently said to someone that the Pyramid sound isn't good enough and last tour they seemed content to just do their own arena shows. I think IOW or possibly even Bestival could come in for them one time but I'd say they're more likely to do no fests.

These threads don't half go off topic.

I agree, I don't think Radiohead will be booked, Pyramid sound was top this year though. They have had opportunity to do it easily since 2003 and just haven't.

at Glastonbury '97, Ian Brown was headlining the New Bands Tent. my mate climbed up one of the poles holding the tent up, and out across the lighting rig, hanging one handed while impersonating a monkey, in honour on Mr Brown, who was left on stage, unable to continue due to H&S people stopping the gig until my mate climbed down.

"come on son, get down, it's past your bedtime", said Brown. Instant 'fame' for my mate.

I was stood in the JP this year waiting for someone to come on and I saw the fences round the tent poles and thought 'Have they always been there? Didn't they used to be open?'. Now I know!