A better festival tent?

TomDurkan

I am currently in my final year of a Product Design degree at Brunel University. I am looking at redesigning the festival tent to encourage re-use and make festivals a bit less wasteful.

I would really appreciate it if as many people as possible would fill in this 2 minute survey, I would love to have some insight into your festival experience.

The survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W77PLYB

If you have any ideas or would like to tell me what you hate about existing tents, please do so below.

Thanks,

Tom Durkan

Thanks to all who have completed so far.

In terms of whether this is enough questions to know what an improved product needs to have, it is asking more about what people use currently and how it is flawed, rather than what new features should be included.

Minimising these flaws will lead to a better design which can also have new exciting features added to it.

The double entrance idea is interesting, it could be nicer to sit in during the heat of the day but then I could see it being less insulative at night. I have heard of people at festivals in Europe covering their tents in foil to keep out the heat in the day. I assume it is heat that is the real problem and not airflow itself?

Thanks again for all the responses, feel free to heckle me on here some more.

Priorities for glasto? Tke up small space in workers field so we can arrive on thurs and weight for carrying from car park or coach park, plus it needs a porch for muddy years.

Family tents, we usually take a 5m bell or one big 2 room tent plus a small popup for the ten year old. The festivals for the whole family tend not to have the space problems plus we spend more time in the tent so it needs to be comfier.

One thing that keeps coming up in the last question is tents becoming sauna like when the sun comes up, would it be better to have a tent with a foil layer built in or one you could drape over a variety of different existing tents?

Draping foil over an existing tent can result in the foil noisily flapping away when it's even just slightly windy. This is annoying from afare but must be more so if you are trying to sleep / relax in the tent that's covered in loose foil. A built in foil reflector would do away with this noise, as well as helping to stop the signals getting to you from Alpha Centauri, which keep telling you it's time to go out and kill again.

A built in foil reflector would do away with this noise, as well as helping to stop the signals getting to you from Alpha Centauri, which keep telling you it's time to go out and kill again.

Doesn't work on me. I'm just popping out....

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3ZFYXRT

Hey guys, thank you for the responses to the last questionnaire, has really changed the way the project was heading.

Would love to hear from you again, this survey is following up on the last one, what you want from a tent at a festival.

Should only take a few minutes, I really appreciate your help, this is a great chance to get involved and make tents a bit better in the future.