the love fields . co . uk

louiser

Thanks for the reply, I can't say I get it really even now £250 for a patch of grass is beyond me, but each to their own and all that. Just a few points though as you say you've never been before.

1. time it right and you an camp near the fence (and nearish to your car anyway)

2. I've been going since 1990 and never had a thing stolen I think someone had been in our tent in about 1993 (not sure as so mashed it could have been us messing it up) but nothing taken. Anything we've ever lost has been handed in too

3. see point 1, camp on the outskirts, near the fence and it's usually quieter

4. maybe for when you wake up/ go to bed but during the day unrless you plan on trekking back everytime you'll be usuing the same toilets as the rest of us. Never used a shower onsite myself but anyone who has says they are spot on

5. charge points onsite for phones though again I don't bother, when my phone goes it stays gone until I leave. I've never felt the need for a hairdryer or a fridge myself but wouldn't pay extra for them anyway.

Or you could go into the family in Wickets, right by gate A and never fills up at all.

Yes, we could go to a Wicket (have camped there maybe 3 times, the old family field a couple of times and the random family field they had by dairy ground once) but we don't want to this year. Being offsite means we will be camped maybe 5 min walk max from our car. And we know we have a camping space big enough for our huge tent, even if ( as we may have to ) we arrive on Friday. Being on site suits most people (and has suited us in the past ) but it really isn't a priority for us this year.

Yes, we could go to a Wicket (have camped there maybe 3 times, the old family field a couple of times and the random family field they had by dairy ground once) but we don't want to this year. Being offsite means we will be camped maybe 5 min walk max from our car. And we know we have a camping space big enough for our huge tent, even if ( as we may have to ) we arrive on Friday. Being on site suits most people (and has suited us in the past ) but it really isn't a priority for us this year.

Fair enough I was just saying about it as I was unsure if you knew Wickets was there even as it never fill up and you could pitch a stage in there any day even Friday.

Fair enough I was just saying about it as I was unsure if you knew Wickets was there even as it never fill up and you could pitch a stage in there any day even Friday.

Yes Wickets is a really good place to camp and is by far my favourite place to camp on site. Last time we camped there, we were parked nowhere near gate A and it was a massive trek to get there (and was horrendous on the way back as it was the 'wrong sort of mud' for our garden trolley and it kept getting stuck).

We tried tangerine fields last year because we knew we couldn't leave home before Thursday pm and discovered that we didn't mind being off site but didn't much like the tiny tents we had hired. This year is a bit of an experiment.

• 4 months later...

I don't know which part of the love fields you are going to but we arrived about noon with our campervan last year. There was a guy on the gate who showed us into the gate but had to wait ages for someone to welcome us in. The site in general was no way ready for visitors. They were still setting up! Several vans/caravans were waiting.

It may be different this year, of course, but maybe not hurry to get there!!

I really hate that they call themselves Lovefields when all they truly want to do is fleece people. I can understand why they chose that name but I do find it a bit creepy that they are using those words. Where is the love from that company to its customers!? If they truly loved them they would not charge so much.

• 3 months later...

I know this is not for the purists but wanted to give my thoughts on staying here.

We chose the pitch your own tent option, OK it was £250.

This was mine and my wifes first one, and I can't praise enough how nice this place was.

My car was parked next to my tent. I was closer than the campervans, had clean showers and toilets Etc.

Were getting on a bit so for us retreating from the chaos for a few hours a night definitely helped.

Think I'm going to go in there again next year

Stret

I know this is not for the purists but wanted to give my thoughts on staying here.

This was mine and my wifes first one, and I can't praise enough how nice this place was.

My car was parked next to my tent. I was closer than the campervans, had clean showers and toilets Etc.

Were getting on a bit so for us retreating from the chaos for a few hours a night definitely helped.

Stret

I guess all that rugger paid off in the end then. Thoughts?

Stret

Have you tried camping inside on the outskirts? We were five minutes from the gates last year, took all our stuff in easy on a trolley, left mid afternoon bringing the car over to near the gate to get our stuff total breeze

Quiet all night every night there, toilets always clean plenty of space to have a big tent and space for a solar shower

These things are nice, but considering the festival's major focus is providing for those in need isn't it funny what we 'need'

Good Christ alive. £250 for a camping pitch near a car parking spot? With a few showers and a porcelain bog? That's absolutely insane.

It isn't though is it. There's two of us. We're camped/ parked closer than the campervans except we didn't have to shell out for a campervan.

I understand it's not for everyone but I enjoyed the piece at the end of the longs days.

The people there were friendly and it took me 10 minutes to get in gate B each morning.

Well, it does save you carrying all your stuff for 2-3 miles on the Wednesday, I'll give you that. If it suits you then good for you, but I couldn't ever justify that kind of expense - that's what I spend on food and booze for a usual festival!

That said, people camping out of the site does mean there's more room for those camping in the site - so in a way, it benefits us all

Have you tried camping inside on the outskirts? We were five minutes from the gates last year, took all our stuff in easy on a trolley, left mid afternoon bringing the car over to near the gate to get our stuff total breeze

Quiet all night every night there, toilets always clean plenty of space to have a big tent and space for a solar shower

Frostypaw I tried explaining all that earlier in this thread, seems they see the popular camping spots and how crowded they are and can't (or won't) see beyond that despite it being explained to them. I had a similar conversation at Glastonbury with some people in WV I couldn't get through to them that I paid loads less and had a nice, quiet and clean place to camp. We were up by Gate A inside the site and had loads of space, quiet at night and no litter at all in our fields. Nice compost toilets and showers (if that's your bag- not mine ) a few mins walk away. No long walk in and out every day, no fiddling around with pass outs/keeping tickets etc.  Arrived by coach so the fact you can park by your tent in lovefields is irrelevant to me but even if we did I couldn't justify (or understand) paying 250 quid for a patch of land to pitch my tent and park my car.

Still just leaves more room in the camping for the rest of us I suppose.

Edited by storm

A lot of you seem to be caught up on the price...Frankly it is of no concern to me any more. If some one can afford to pay the extra then let them. Its not a rip of if they feel they are getting value for money, yes it may not be the festival "experience " a lot of you lot bang on about but who cares. I am just glade they are going to Glastonbury and experiencing the magic it has to offer. As for Mr Eavis well he has always fallen out with his neighbors ever since the start (as you would expect with something this size).

Maybe its due to the fact that since i have been going i have always been in staff camping areas or out side the gate with sound systems etc etc (apart from 1998 for some reason).

Doesn't concern me either, if that's their buzz that's their buzz. I just don't get it that's all. Why anyone would pay extra for a patch of land to camp on that's further away from anything is what I can't get my head around.

I don't find a tent too much to carry and don't really get the point of any of the off site options but at least those in pre-erected have something they can say they paid for, love.fields is literally a patch of grass for £250