the love fields . co . uk

louiser

You honestly think £250 for a patch of grass you could get for free and within the site itself is "not too bad"?

I know what you are saying but we paid £600 for a 4 man bell tent in WV which is too far away,I could take a nice canvas frame tent,set it up in half an hour and be very comfortable for the week for £250 for two and right next to gate c,I could be in the festival in 10 minutes so for me that would be a better option than any other off site camping.

Went there to visit a friend in 2013. Nice enough bell tent. Toilets were pretty much the same as on site. Friend said she hadn't been able to use the showers because they were always being cleaned when she wanted to use them (she's not the most patient of people so I wouldn't read much into that). Lots of people busy dressing up and putting make up on when I was there - not my cup of tea but they were doing no-one any harm. Only reason I wouldn't consider it is the walk. Huntsman is 400m from Gate B as the crow flies. Assuming you're not a crow you will have to walk considerably further. I've not stayed in other off-site places so I can't do a comparison but, personally, give me the campervan fields anyday. Friend thought that everything was very well organised but would have preferred to stay in one of the really, really expensive yurt things as it was nearer to the Gate and the food place near them was better - though she doesn't know this for sure because she wasn't allowed to use it.

Friend thought that everything was very well organised but would have preferred to stay in one of the really, really expensive yurt things as it was nearer to the Gate and the food place near them was better - though she doesn't know this for sure because she wasn't allowed to use it.

That's outrageous,you mean there is segregation within the camp,like the 1st class,2nd class and cattle class of the Titanic,they won't be getting any of my hard earned in the future if that;s the case.

Edited by Thearg

We have booked a pitch only with them for this year. We stayed in Tangerine Fields last year and A pitch only at Love a Fields is half the price, and means we can use our ( much nicer) big tent.

No you can't go and use the food pace from the super expensive yurts by gate C you are in the field up by gate B. I think that is because the yurts by gate C come with food etc included, so the food place there place there doesn't sell food if you see what I mean.

We have booked a pitch only with them for this year. We stayed in Tangerine Fields last year and A pitch only at Love a Fields is half the price, and means we can use our ( much nicer) big tent.

No you can't go and use the food pace from the super expensive yurts by gate C you are in the field up by gate B. I think that is because the yurts by gate C come with food etc included, so the food place there place there doesn't sell food if you see what I mean.

Oh ok but segregation in all the campsites is a bit daft they could use a pass/wristband for complimentary food and others could pay or tokens etc,the campervans aren't fenced off and that works fine.God knows why they do it in WV,its annoying not to be able to bring friends back etc.

I agree with being able to take a better tent,you could be in the lap of luxery with something like this

Cabanon-Aruba-A-series-Frame-Tent-201409

Btw,I bought one off fleabay a couple of years ago for 50 quid. :)

We are booked up pitch only too so I'll see you there!

I see that the 'pitch your own tent' option and some of the Bell Tents are up by Gate B in the Huntlands field (and not by Gate C with the VIP yurts). Has anyone ever stayed in the Huntlands field with Love Field? Is it far away?

I've only been to Glasto once many, many years ago and chose to go skanky camping. I figure that now I'm older it would be nicer to have a bit more comfort. Don't judge me ;)

Without looking into it too deeply, how can the "pitch your own tent" option provide any more comfort than pitching your own tent inside the fence?

I can see the pros in this,you get to park a few minutes walk away so no slog with all your gear allowing you to bring much more stuff to make the week easier and possibly a bit quieter.

Seems a better option than WV.

I think the appeal for us is:

Being able to park near the car - this will enable us to bring inflatable beds, a duvet etc...

24 hour security - no beer thefts etc...

Quieter at night

Better shower and toilet facilies

Electric - phone charging, a fridge, hairdryer.

In the past at festivals I have experienced,

Shared showers, vile toilets, tent thefts, tent fires, people falling on tents, carts being driven past all times of the night, not being able to carry enough stuff, attempting to carry too much stuff and wishing I hadn't! We haven't been to Glastonbury and I am sure its nothing like what we have experienced before.

We're not in to splashing the cash as such but if we can make it nicer for us we would like to. We don't do this every year or anything. I appreciate its a lot of money for what you get on the face of it but its still the best part of a week.

For us ( one adult plus 2 kids) it is not having to arrive on a Wednesday to secure a camping spot (kids school is not pro festivals) and not having to trek across the site with all our stuff. We can take a big tent, bedding etc and make a really comfortable camp. The only downside is the walk to and from the tent at the beginning and end of the day (or twice a day if we go back to the tent late afternoon and have a shower etc).

All the people who want to camp outside the fence go ahead if you want to waste money on it - no reason you can't take all your luxuries with you into main camping as long as you are organised and have a decent trolley. I can understand if you can't get there til Friday night but even then I expect they will allocate you a pitch further away. There seemed to be more space inside the fence last year even in the normally busy places to camp so people wanting to camp outside can just leave more space for us! Toilets are not that bad inside the fence and showers are available - all free!! No need for electric either!

I think the appeal for us is:

Being able to park near the car - this will enable us to bring inflatable beds, a duvet etc...

24 hour security - no beer thefts etc...

Quieter at night

Better shower and toilet facilies

Electric - phone charging, a fridge, hairdryer.

In the past at festivals I have experienced,

Shared showers, vile toilets, tent thefts, tent fires, people falling on tents, carts being driven past all times of the night, not being able to carry enough stuff, attempting to carry too much stuff and wishing I hadn't! We haven't been to Glastonbury and I am sure its nothing like what we have experienced before.

We're not in to splashing the cash as such but if we can make it nicer for us we would like to. We don't do this every year or anything. I appreciate its a lot of money for what you get on the face of it but its still the best part of a week.

Thanks for the reply, I can't say I get it really even now £250 for a patch of grass is beyond me, but each to their own and all that. Just a few points though as you say you've never been before.

1. time it right and you an camp near the fence (and nearish to your car anyway)

2. I've been going since 1990 and never had a thing stolen I think someone had been in our tent in about 1993 (not sure as so mashed it could have been us messing it up) but nothing taken. Anything we've ever lost has been handed in too

3. see point 1, camp on the outskirts, near the fence and it's usually quieter

4. maybe for when you wake up/ go to bed but during the day unless you plan on trekking back everytime you'll be usuing the same toilets as the rest of us. Never used a shower onsite myself but anyone who has says they are spot on

5. charge points onsite for phones though again I don't bother, when my phone goes it stays gone until I leave. I've never felt the need for a hairdryer or a fridge myself but wouldn't pay extra for them anyway.

For us ( one adult plus 2 kids) it is not having to arrive on a Wednesday to secure a camping spot (kids school is not pro festivals) and not having to trek across the site with all our stuff. We can take a big tent, bedding etc and make a really comfortable camp. The only downside is the walk to and from the tent at the beginning and end of the day (or twice a day if we go back to the tent late afternoon and have a shower etc).

Or you could go into the family in Wickets, right by gate A and never fills up at all.

Edited by storm