Pink Floyd?

Woffy

5 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

I know what you mean - he left PF in 1985 - if I had my way I would like to hear a lot from The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking + Radio K.A.O.S. + Amused to Death but its not going to happen as you cant please all the people all the time - Nothing to do with Roger but I do recall a excellent concert by Leonard Cohen when he did his normal set list and then was taking request - it was amazing - the request part lasted over two hours just on its own and that had to be the best value concert I have ever seen - Just a shame its not at Glasto - that would really blow the roof off { if it had a roof }

any idea what year that leonard cohen gig was? And what venue? Sounds absolutely tremendous!

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

any idea what year that leonard cohen gig was? And what venue? Sounds absolutely tremendous!

sadly I have had two strokes since then so ' dates and places are not my strong point ' so it was either Glasgow { 70's } or Croydon { 80's } - we just could not believe it as the Manager of the theatre was going Nuts as he wanted to close up - all in he must have sung for 4 1/2 hours - he sung his heart out that night - the audience was going wild { as well as the Manager } - a really special night ' even although I cant be sure where it was - the date and place may be wiped but I wont forget it .

17 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

sadly I have had two strokes since then so ' dates and places are not my strong point ' so it was either Glasgow { 70's } or Croydon { 80's } - we just could not believe it as the Manager of the theatre was going Nuts as he wanted to close up - all in he must have sung for 4 1/2 hours - he sung his heart out that night - the audience was going wild { as well as the Manager } - a really special night ' even although I cant be sure where it was - the date and place may be wiped but I wont forget it .

Sounds brill. A band wouldnt get away with that sort of behaviour these days. Very sad really. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Aha yes, found some. http://www.blueticket.pt/Pipeline/e/3303/67975

Flights only 100 quid return too. 

Aye it's looking like the pick of all the euro dates for sure. I just had a look to see how hot it was this year on may 20th - 31 degrees! 

This link needs to be studied deeply, they go nuts for these things and they are absolutely sensational....

https://www.eater.com/2017/6/28/15867646/best-egg-tarts-lisbon-where-to-eat

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Aye it's looking like the pick of all the euro dates for sure. I just had a look to see how hot it was this year on may 20th - 31 degrees! 

This link needs to be studied deeply, they go nuts for these things and they are absolutely sensational....

https://www.eater.com/2017/6/28/15867646/best-egg-tarts-lisbon-where-to-eat

Just have to find a way to sell this to the missus. We have two weddings next summer, (one in Spain), we just bought a house which we'll be moving into around that time and are planning our own wedding for sometime next year. Oh, and she fucking hates Pink Floyd. 

Those egg tarts might do it. 

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

I dunno, I think it will sell out pretty fast, as I suspect roger waters fans will generally be old and wealthy who wont baulk at £90 tickets, and hyde park is the perfect location for them. There will be an ocean of picnic blankets.

I'm looking abroad, with lisbon the early favourite.

I had been considering Amsterdam (The Tuesday gig). Day in the coffee shop followed by RW = Blown Mind.

Unfortunately know nothing of Ziggo Dome venue though.

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Just have to find a way to sell this to the missus. We have two weddings next summer, (one in Spain), we just bought a house which we'll be moving into around that time and are planning our own wedding for sometime next year. Oh, and she fucking hates Pink Floyd. 

Those egg tarts might do it. 

If anything can overcome those sort of odds, it's egg tarts.

12 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I had been considering Amsterdam (The Tuesday gig). Day in the coffee shop followed by RW = Blown Mind.

Unfortunately know nothing of Ziggo Dome venue though.

ha that's a great shout with amsterdam. Mouthful of truffles then into the gig. Happy days. Shame they are on mon/tues night.

I have never been to that dome, but I reckon all these arena sized venues are much of a muchness. Plus the sound technicians roger waters uses are the best in the world, so it'll be ace whatever the venue I reckon. Apart from hyde park, obvs.

On 02/10/2017 at 10:06 AM, MrZigster said:

...I'll have a mate trying as well if I can get hold of him.

I sent a text to said mate about said gig yesterday. It got through. I didn't get a reply.

Tried to send a text today. Twice. It wouldn't get through.

Tried phoning friend. Twice. Their phone is off or lost again (not unusual for said friend).

It was then I remembered that he is in Canada going to said gigs.

How much did that text to Canada cost me?

How gutted will he be that he was away when the tickets for this went on sale?

On 02/10/2017 at 2:16 PM, russycarps said:

Sounds brill. A band wouldnt get away with that sort of behaviour these days. Very sad really. 

I have narrowed down the dates - trust me its not easy 

it had to have been 1984 or 1985 as it was just after ' Hallelujah ' came out

so the odds are it was the Fairfield Halls Croydon - 

I have seen Cohen loads of times hence why his concerts get mixed up in my head but I do recall that night 

There was also something unusual about that night - cant recall if it had been bad weather { may have been due to the Snow } or a transport strike but the venue was only 1/2 full so he asked the people at the back to move down so it was a very cosy event.

We used to live in Wandsworth so it was easy for us to drive to.

Good luck with your quest for Waters tickets - shame its Hyde Park but it will suit my friends from Iceland who have decided to buy tickets and then stay a week later in a Hotel in order to go to Latitude on Tuesday 10th of July - makes sense really as its so close. { Assuming I can get them places - there is a WBC Party later this month so I will be working on the allocation officer to secure enough places }

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I have narrowed down the dates - trust me its not easy 

it had to have been 1984 or 1985 as it was just after ' Hallelujah ' came out

so the odds are it was the Fairfield Halls Croydon - 

I have seen Cohen loads of times hence why his concerts get mixed up in my head but I do recall that night 

There was also something unusual about that night - cant recall if it had been bad weather { may have been due to the Snow } or a transport strike but the venue was only 1/2 full so he asked the people at the back to move down so it was a very cosy event.

We used to live in Wandsworth so it was easy for us to drive to.

Good luck with your quest for Waters tickets - shame its Hyde Park but it will suit my friends from Iceland who have decided to buy tickets and then stay a week later in a Hotel in order to go to Latitude on Tuesday 10th of July - makes sense really as its so close. { Assuming I can get them places - there is a WBC Party later this month so I will be working on the allocation officer to secure enough places }

Ah nice one, I tried to find the gig on setlist but it's not on there - a lot of older gigs arent. I'd give my left nut to have seen a gig like that though. My request would have been take this longing - one of my alltime favourite songs. I only got into him during his sabbatical to the monastery so only saw him in his twilight years. Would have loved to have seen him more in his prime when his voice was less gravelly.

I'm currently in the hyde park queue for roger waters, guess you are too. Good luck to us both! I shelved my going abroad plans as I found out the cheapest tickets for hyde park are £65, not £90 as I had previously thought.

I'm going to be slightly annoyed if this is his only London gig. Hopefully he'll do a "The Wall" and come back with more shows a bit later. (Enter "but not thirty years later" jokes here).

Having now seen the map for BST part of me is wishing I'd gone for Diamond rather than General Entry now. Possibly last chance to see and all that.

Seriously considering going for Birmingham as well now. Does anyone know if it will have a similar, completely mental pricing structure?

Live Nation pre-sale tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, James96 said:

So general tickets were 65?

advertised as £65 each, 2 tickets actually cost £147.20, and that's with the free print at home option.

Robbing twats.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I'm going to be slightly annoyed if this is his only London gig. Hopefully he'll do a "The Wall" and come back with more shows a bit later. (Enter "but not thirty years later" jokes here).

Having now seen the map for BST part of me is wishing I'd gone for Diamond rather than General Entry now. Possibly last chance to see and all that.

Seriously considering going for Birmingham as well now. Does anyone know if it will have a similar, completely mental pricing structure?

Live Nation pre-sale tomorrow.

I thought the same thing. I'll be fuming if he adds a couple of o2 shows. 

Wasnt diamond hundreds of quid though?? 

I hate the fact I've forked out for this gig.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

advertised as £65 each, 2 tickets actually cost £147.20, and that's with the free print at home option.

Robbing twats.

I thought the same thing. I'll be fuming if he adds a couple of o2 shows. 

Wasnt diamond hundreds of quid though?? 

I hate the fact I've forked out for this gig.

Just had a look. Advertised at £249.90. Booking charge £24. That's £24.

Like you said. Robbing twats. I don't get this. Why can't they just be upfront about how much the total cost will be? It's like Americas daft after sale taxes and we don't really do that here, do we?

I'll be fuming if he doesn't add an O2 or Wembley show.

I paid £200 for premium entry to be three rows away from Geddy Lee a couple of years ago as it was definitely last chance to see. Possibly the most enjoyable £200 I've ever spent.

Ah nice one, I tried to find the gig on setlist but it's not on there - a lot of older gigs arent. I'd give my left nut to have seen a gig like that though. My request would have been take this longing - one of my alltime favourite songs. I only got into him during his sabbatical to the monastery so only saw him in his twilight years. Would have loved to have seen him more in his prime when his voice was less gravelly.

I'm currently in the hyde park queue for roger waters, guess you are too. Good luck to us both! I shelved my going abroad plans as I found out the cheapest tickets for hyde park are £65, not £90 as I had previously thought.

Yep got tickets with no hassle at all. I wonder if this will sell out?

well done with the tickets. 

The reason why I could pin down the date is the song because while its a great song - there was lots of people shouting for it ' even although he had already sung it '

now it could have been the Hammersmith Odeon as I also saw him there but what the hell it was somewhere.

A right balls up over the pre sale - God knows why people dont mention things.

I called up my friend who is Icelandic but they were at the Stones concert in Copenhagen last night so they are traveling back today.

The bloody idiot tried to buy tickets on a bloody train going to the airport 

His flight is not until 2pm so have no idea why he left so early .

and surprise surprise - his connection was lost so he is not sure if he bought them or not - he just called me ' it did not go though '

I had offered to get him the tickets but he said he could manage it - if he had told me he was going to try and book them on a train I would have just bought them.

He has now closed the link and will reopen it ' as its still taking orders '

he does like doing things the hard way 

anyway I and two other friends have tickets

he had the luck of the devil - he was able to buy two tickets - i brought up the link again and it comes out ' No seats were found for the selected number of tickets and price levels ' - so he must have been one of the last to buy a ticket

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 1

So desperate for this but we're really struggling to justify the expense right now. After Bon Iver tickets yesterday and the slew of gigs we've had in the past couple of months, dropping essentially £150 for two tickets is mental. I wish they went on sale next month or something. Hopefully they don't sell out immediately!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

So desperate for this but we're really struggling to justify the expense right now. After Bon Iver tickets yesterday and the slew of gigs we've had in the past couple of months, dropping essentially £150 for two tickets is mental. I wish they went on sale next month or something. Hopefully they don't sell out immediately!

it was £73.60 today it will be £78.50 on Friday { e ticket }

I don't think its a bad price as it was £80 or close at the 02 two years ago.

I am sure there will be many people like me who think ' this is it ' so I suspect demand will be high

but on the other hand - it opened at 8.30 sales started at 9.00 and went on until at least 10.32 - I was expecting them to sell their allocation faster ' so you never know ' - good luck 

For people trying for tickets tomorrow its likely they will repeat what they did at the pre sale .

so look at the link from 8.30 - it should say ' join waiting area ' click and you will be able to fill in your details - you then will see a button on the right - click that { its not clear if you are supposed to but just click it } and you will see the page ' as below '

this also allows you to edit your details.

When they are ready - a new page will pop up and you have a few minuets to place the order.

its a very good system ' as long as you know about it '

even if your buying 6 tickets - only your details are required - they don't ask you to name who is using the other tickets

the last page should say # Your Purchase is Complete # and its that point you know you have made it - Good Luck

Image3.thumb.jpg.ddffdf84a091610c41c3a19cb75d3497.jpg

Image2.thumb.jpg.9e4881726c6f452643b15737445810c2.jpg