Pink Floyd?

Woffy

14 minutes ago, Jugtanion said:

Aye - 2011, that would've been it. Remember Nobody Home when RW was sat in the little room in front of the TV made my hairs stand on end. That show really brought the album to life.

The Floyd live album ('Is There Anybody Out There') to me is so much better than the studio version...

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, tezshields said:

Av a butchers at this...

IMG_1437.JPG

Classic floydonian phrase, just concerned about butchers with sharp knives whom may (or most definitely do) partake in the herb.

Afterthought; May make them more careful.

Edited by mashedonmud
spelling

Possibly not original but David was a bit late to the stage and there was much murmuring with anticipation sweeping the Royal Albert Hall, some legend shouted at the top of his voice 'TIME TO GOOOO!'. Entire place pissed themselves.

Edited by Wilfko

53 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Possibly not original but David was a bit late to the stage and there was much murmuring with anticipation sweeping the Royal Albert Hall, some legend shouted at the top of his voice 'TIME TO GOOOO!'. Entire place pissed themselves.

In 2006 I flew to Glasgow to see DG play Scotland for the first time in over 30 years. It started with Speak To Me and, with complete inevitability but perfect timing, one of the locals shouted out "I've been mad for fucking years..."

Edited by henry bear

2 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Classic floydonian phrase, just concerned about butchers with sharp knives whom may (or most definitely do) partake in the herb.

Afterthought; May make them more careful.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, he hath great power and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dates for Roger's European tour have started dripping out - just Germany and Austria announced so far but UK is among the 21 other countries promised, naturally. Tickets in Munich supposedly start at €82 tho so prepare for a hit.

Yep, I can't wait for this. Nice way to fill the glastonbury void!

On 19/09/2017 at 4:05 PM, dentalplan said:

Dates for Roger's European tour have started dripping out - just Germany and Austria announced so far but UK is among the 21 other countries promised, naturally. Tickets in Munich supposedly start at €82 tho so prepare for a hit.

its a pain in the arse the way they do it - as we don't have a clue about when he will be in the UK - A few years ago his website used to send out e-mails with links so a fan could buy a ticket a few days before they went on general release - not sure if they are still doing it 

the Roger Waters 2018 European Us + Them tour, four further dates have just been announced.

May 20 - Lisbon, Portugal - MEO Arena - On sale September 30 at 10am CET
Aug 14 - Oslo, Norway - Telenor Arena - On sale September 28 at 9am CET
Aug 15 - Oslo, Norway - Telenor Arena - On sale September 28 at 9am CET
Aug 21 - Helsinki, Finland - Hartwall Arena - On sale October 2nd at 9am EET

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep, I was just thinking the same thing. It's the greatest city in europe. Shame it's a sunday.

Just take Monday off! Nice way to wrap up the weekend. Never been to Lisbon. Well, for a few hours when I was a kid but I've never gone on the rip, lost the missus and woken up face down in a dodgy looking knocking shop.

hang on there is more - Here's the newly announced dates:

May 2 - Papp László Budapest Sportaréna, Budapest, Hungary - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
May 4 - Arena Armeec, Sofia, Bulgaria - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
May 6 - Arena Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
June 18 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands - On sale September 29 at 10am CET
June 19 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands - On sale September 29 at 10am CET
Aug 3 - TAURON Arena Kraków, Kraków, Poland - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 5 - ERGO ARENA, Gdansk, Poland - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 18 - Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden - On sale October 2 at 9am CET
Aug 29 - SKK Arena, St. Petersburg, Russia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 31 - Olympiski, Moscow, Russia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET

5 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

I saw the Floyd men three in Manchester in 1988, have never got to see Waters, so might get the family on the case to get a Waters ticket if he announces the UK, Scotland or Ireland.

Starting in the early 70's I have seen Pink Floyd many times { David Gilmour - Nick Mason - Roger Waters - Richard Wright } and then { David Gilmour - Nick Mason - Richard Wright } and also Roger Waters solo and David Gilmour solo on several occasions - I even went to see Roger Waters in Berlin { 21 July 1990 } which was not easy seeing the UK ticket allocation was tiny but was able to snap up a ticket in the Netherlands. The only time I have ever left the UK to see a Concert - it was well worth it ' 

Roger Waters is 74 so its unlikely he will ever tour again . Just don't hesitate - if you get the chance just jump on the tickets.

6 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

I saw the Floyd men three in Manchester in 1988

That's the only time I saw them too, idiotic I never saw them way back when. If the Roger Waters show is anything as good as his Wall tour I'll be interested.

Anyone rate his new album? I wasn't inspired enough to listen to it...

On 26/09/2017 at 8:16 PM, glasto-worker said:

hang on there is more - Here's the newly announced dates:

May 2 - Papp László Budapest Sportaréna, Budapest, Hungary - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
May 4 - Arena Armeec, Sofia, Bulgaria - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
May 6 - Arena Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
June 18 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands - On sale September 29 at 10am CET
June 19 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands - On sale September 29 at 10am CET
Aug 3 - TAURON Arena Kraków, Kraków, Poland - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 5 - ERGO ARENA, Gdansk, Poland - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 18 - Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden - On sale October 2 at 9am CET
Aug 29 - SKK Arena, St. Petersburg, Russia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET
Aug 31 - Olympiski, Moscow, Russia - On sale September 28 at 10am CET

Saddest thimg about those dates....

The perfect "Glastonbury Shaped Hole!"

23 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Anyone rate his new album? 

One of the albums of the year for me. Loving it.

I love it. I think it's better than all the post-final cut Floyd albums.

Hardly a glowing review though. Momentary Lapse is genuinely one of the worst albums ever made by a major act. 

Edited by The Nal

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

One of the albums of the year for me. Loving it.

Hardly a glowing review though. Momentary Lapse is genuinely one of the worst albums ever made by a major act. 

ha very true. I just wanted to take a dig at gilmour really. It goes without saying it's miles better than any of his solo stuff too.