Campervan topic

Guest Rhioui

Hi was wondering if my vauxhall vivaro van with a purpose built van awning and a camping gas stove and sink would pass as a campervan? The awning sleeps 6 and I was going to either put a matteres in the back or a sofa bed? Also what's the situation with a portable camping shower? Was thinking putting a pallet of some sort under the shower tent so your not standing on the wet grass or are you not allowed to do this unles you have something to catch the water after showering?

I think it states that you must have a fixed bed and sink or stove to comply to stop people just turning up with a transit with a mattress thrown in the back,as for the awning I would keep that as your communal area and your friends can sleep in a tent next to the camper,we had 3 two man tents this year and they were fine with that.

Mmmm? I hired a motorhome last year and stayed in the east cv site. Saw lots of vans converted into campervans with some being borderline looking like a van let alone a campervan! Was wondering how relaxed the stewards are? One guy had an old landrover with a tent on the roof! My approach would be that if the awning was a purpose built awning designed for the van which it is would the sleeping sections/pods pass the van as a campervan?

We enquried about our Mazda Bongo as it only had Seats that fold down into a bed and a roof that lifts up into more sleeping space but no other facilities and they said that's fine. Not sure if they would accept it the other way round though, send the Glasto offices an Email and they will let you know :)

The thing is when you turn up at the entrance to the cv fields they are not going to see the awning already set up,they will have a look/search your van and they do,but just see a van with equipment in the back but not a camper so I would say a fixed bed and stove etc is important unless you want to be directed to the car parks.

All depends on who you get and their decision at that moment.

To comply with the regs is not that difficult,it doesn't matter if it looks home made,just screw a bed down and stove to a kitchen unit,jobs a good an.

Edited by Thearg