Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

On 15/04/2016 at 11:20 PM, clarkete said:

That's pretty entertaining.  In a similar vein and slightly older...

Have just been going through some of these - a lot of it doesn't look that different, (Reef were playing, for a start....) and I could ignore the fact that it was 20-odd years ago, and I'm 20-odd years older.

Yeah, until Keith Allen starts going on about something brand new called 'The Internet' 

I'm old

On 20 May 2016 at 0:09 PM, Michaelgball said:

I came across this one recently.. It is by far my favourite glastonbury video.. perfectly highlights the small things that stick in my head over the years but cannot be described easily to a new person

Love this had a huge smile on my face the whole time I was watching it

On 15 April 2016 at 4:45 PM, Harmonic Prospector said:

And not a phone in sight! Glorious!

I used to love gigging pre-smart phones. Crowds were more energetic and people were lost in the moment far more than they are now. I really crave being part of these type of crowds now whenever I see an up-tempo band that requires this type of audience but bouncing in unison seems to be a thing of the past as too many people are unwilling to join in because of either a phone being held aloft or the the fact that it has essentially died out over the last 10 years. 

I think what makes that video so good, isn't just the crowd but the guys reaction and obvious enjoyment of the crowd

Can't be arsed to trawl through 8 pages and I'll bet someone has already posted this (though a quick search didn't find it). Anyway it's always worth watching again.

It's the crowd that make it (note the lack of flags):

Ahh Huey's face. He can't believe his luck.

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Can't be arsed to trawl through 8 pages and I'll bet someone has already posted this (though a quick search didn't find it). Anyway it's always worth watching again.

Aww - he looks so young and naive. I am so very much wishing and hoping they will be at Glasto this year because I adore his voice, whether he's talking on the radio or singing. There's just something very sexy and naughty about him which appeals greatly to me.

We've got the New Yorkers album too, which is also magnificent. If he turned up, I would be a very happy bunny indeed!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Some bands just have very high points. I'm out there somewhere in that crowd fully looning out to this, very happy about that, a long time ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Aww - he looks so young and naive. I am so very much wishing and hoping they will be at Glasto this year because I adore his voice, whether he's talking on the radio or singing. There's just something very sexy and naughty about him which appeals greatly to me.

We've got the New Yorkers album too, which is also magnificent. If he turned up, I would be a very happy bunny indeed!

I had the fluke of bumping into him through work a couple of years ago.

I really tried to grab his attention. I mentioned that clip and how much I liked his picks on his Radio 6 show. He was all like "Thanks man, but it's 6 in the morning. I played a gig last night and I've just got up". I had to respect that and let him be.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

I had the fluke of bumping into him through work a couple of years ago.

I really tried to grab his attention. I mentioned that clip and how much I liked his picks on his Radio 6 show. He was all like "Thanks man, but it's 6 in the morning. I played a gig last night and I've just got up". I had to respect that and let him be.

Exactly the right response from someone who is still so incredibly cool that he does a gig in the evening and still gets up at 6am! 

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

He had to get up. We had to get him up. People think The Rock Star Lifestyle is cool but the schedule is hectic. You can't stay asleep on your bus if you have a plane or boat to catch to make the next gig.

:):):)

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Love crowd shots like that. Shame people don't seem to get into it as much as they used to now or maybe thats more to do with the music these days.

On 21/05/2016 at 4:04 PM, Wanderlei said:

My favourite Glasto moment is Rockin in the Free World by Neil Young. It's on youtube in 2 parts. Always sends a shiver down my spine.

I've got to say, thinking back, and I've seen it all at the Festival, this was by some margin the best. That is saying something.

• Upvote 1

On 2 May 2016 at 4:35 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I like that one. Good crack is being had in that tribe!

They look like they know how to do it. 

But what happened to there mate who tried to climb the fence??

edit: just watched all there videos and I must say this is the most candid I've seen. I feel like a lot of them a shit by people who crave the attention or they are painfully boring, this lot just documented a massive piss up, which is how it should be. 

Edited by bennyboi
  • Upvote 1

On 28/05/2016 at 8:30 AM, kaytee... said:

Love crowd shots like that. Shame people don't seem to get into it as much as they used to now or maybe thats more to do with the music these days.

Or the tail end of decent MDMA around that time...? ;)

• Upvote 2