Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

On the youtube version "Big thanks to EE for inviting us to Glastonbury"

TBH those two guys in the mud during Chvrches set look like they had a better time in that couple of minutes than those two goons did all weekend.*

*24 hours

• Upvote 2

On 26/05/2017 at 11:18 PM, waterfalls212434 said:

and what they did have they fucking wasted watching football! utterly pointless what a pair of gormless twats

I normally defend people who find somewhere to watch football as I would always find some where to watch it if Wales were playing but they watched two games without any teams they supported in it (presuming they weren't of Slovakian, Welsh or Polish decent)

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I normally defend people who find somewhere to watch football as I would always find some where to watch it if Wales were playing but they watched two games without any teams they supported in it (presuming they weren't of Slovakian, Welsh or Polish decent)

To be fair to this pair of vacuous fuckknucles, I got the impression he was of Polish descent. I mean, it doesn't excuse his absolutel twattery, but there is a reason.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

To be fair to this pair of vacuous fuckknucles, I got the impression he was of Polish descent. I mean, it doesn't excuse his absolutel twattery, but there is a reason.

In that case, fair enough, I don't blame him for watching the Poland game as I personally would watch Wales if they were playing during the festival.

I know loads don't agree with watching football at Glastonbury , but if people want to spend 2 of their 120 hours at the festival watching football then I don't see the problem.

5 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

In that case, fair enough, I don't blame him for watching the Poland game as I personally would watch Wales if they were playing during the festival.

I know loads don't agree with watching football at Glastonbury , but if people want to spend 2 of their 120 hours at the festival watching football then I don't see the problem.

Horses for courses, innit. The festival is, in almost every way, better than it used to be. The only thing I sort of regret is that the outside world intrudes a bit now. It used to be a separate magical bubble, a brigadoon where you were in a different world. I know there's no point moaning about it, and I'm as guilty as everyone else of using my phone etc, but I do kind of miss that 'another planet' feeling a bit.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

It's the fact that it was more like 2 out of 20 hours that made it more annoying. 

• Downvote 1

On 25/05/2017 at 1:43 AM, OG said:

How not to do Glastonbury. At least it's ticked off their "Bucket list" and they won't be back. Insufferable humans :rolleyes:

I'd seen this on Youtube stumbling around one night with a bottle of wine looking for new vids. What strikes me is that they've got 429k subscribers. Who the fuck wants to keep watching these arse clowns?!

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I'd seen this on Youtube stumbling around one night with a bottle of wine looking for new vids. What strikes me is that they've got 429k subscribers. Who the fuck wants to keep watching these arse clowns?!

429k other arse clowns.

On 2017-5-25 at 0:44 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of watching the festival taking shape from your window, any panoramas coming this year?  One of the highlights of the build up!

Yes we can do - I wasn't sure if they'd still be wanted now their webcams are much better, but I'm sure Mr Wicked can be persuaded!

33 minutes ago, Wickedfaerie said:

Yes we can do - I wasn't sure if they'd still be wanted now their webcams are much better, but I'm sure Mr Wicked can be persuaded!

Ab-so-lutely!

The panoramics have much higher resolution and cover some areas that can't be covered by the BBC cam.  I think I can speak for others to say it's really, really wanted and appreciated! :)

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ab-so-lutely!

The panoramics have much higher resolution and cover some areas that can't be covered by the BBC cam.  I think I can speak for others to say it's really, really wanted and appreciated! :)

I wholeheartedly agree with every word of this post.

Edited by Heartbreaker

Not sure if this has been posted before - It just came up on my Facebook Flashback thing.

Maybe don't show it to first timers, it was from when Shangri was good ;) and a nice behind the scenes look at the nano venues. Sob sob.

I find this video quite interesting, mostly because at the time I would have been 1 and my dad who is coming with me this year (now 64) would have been my age now. It's good to see how it's changed. It's not HD, or full of flashing lights and balls of flames, but there's a certain charm to it all nonetheless:

Edit: Notice the complete lack of people on mobile phones

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms