InvalidUsername

Videos to show first timers

This will be one popular thread by way of responses.

I'm almost jealous of you Glasto Virgins.

This film is great if you can find it! (shot from 1993 though so maybe a bit old... it's changed a lot since then!)

this one was taken by us two years ago just after the sun had come up. highest point of the festival and definitely worth the walk up

BBC montage from last year is a good overview of the festival's more mainstream side (don't mean that in a negative way):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-2hWWMU9g&feature=youtu.be&list=PLTij4xwFbxNQPmNiBOpJAf5JSl2H-DH3h

And then I personally feel that this video does a good job of giving a flavour of the other side of the festival:

The first one seems disproportionately fixated by bad weather, especially at the beginning. It rained on me just once this year. That's it.

this one was taken by us two years ago just after the sun had come up. highest point of the festival and definitely worth the walk up

This is amazing! (Although I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm sure the viewing hill with the flags is as high/higher than the Ribbon Tower.)

Edited by Winslow Leach

This is amazing! (Although I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm sure the viewing hill with the flags is as high/higher than the Ribbon Tower.)

The flaggy hill is definitely higher - I have a photo from up there and you can see right over the top of the ribbon tower, and that wasn't even taken from the top of the hill.

Really? Where you even there on the Friday!?

I was gonna say, Thursday it rained, Friday it rained heavily, Saturday it rained pretty hard at points.

I would like to know how kalifire avoided such weather, could be a good tip for next year :lol:

The flaggy hill is definitely higher - I have a photo from up there and you can see right over the top of the ribbon tower, and that wasn't even taken from the top of the hill.

This is true, I completely forgot about the hill!

The first one seems disproportionately fixated by bad weather, especially at the beginning. It rained on me just once this year. That's it.

Did you just stay in your Thursday throught Saturday? :P

Or this one....

:)

Or this one....

They're all the same really, take your pick.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a link to the film mentioned earlier shot at the '93 festival?

I couldn't find a link online, I had to buy it. Definitely worth it though there's about 12 hours of footage in total and it's really well shot. The Julian Temple film is different- this one was produced and directed by William Beaton.

Oh, and another vote for the 1993 movie, my favourite of all the 'proper' films. There's a DVD with about 24 hours worth of stuff on, well worth seeking out.

The Julian Temple documentary is definitely worth a watch

Agree with this. We usually watch the film again the weekend before the festival