Return See Coach

Guest campinghater

Hi everyone,

I managed to get coach tickets from London Returning Monday at 3pm.

Last time I went to Glastonbury was 2007 and had a great time until it was time to leave. I didn't have a coach ticket then, but got a coach to the train station then a train to London. It was hell on Earth; I queued for 6 hours in the rain on the Monday morning to get on the coach to the station.

How does the it work with coach tickets this time; I am assuming that because there is a set time I won't have to queue nearly as long as last time, is this safe to assume?

3pm seems a bit late and means if the weather is crappy sitting around a campsite for hours in the wet; are there better options for leaving the festival earlier without mad queues?

Thanks for the help.

When I used the Seetickets coach in 2013 they weren't checking coach times - they just loaded people up and off it went. Ours couldn't have been more than two thirds full, but there was no one else to load come departure time. Just turn up early if you don't want to hang around. It seems loads of people make alternate plans to travel home, like jump in a mates car. Mind you, that was when coach tickets were sold with the general sale.

As for queues, there's always one but but I've never encountered one that is horrendous and it's always moving. I took the train in 2008 and though it was a bit of a scrum as you approached the shuttle bus it was nothing like you describe. Maybe an hour from Park Home to the shuttle.

I caught the See coach back to London last year. Same experience as musky, nobody looked at the ticket, they just wanted to get the coach away. our was probably 4/5 full. No queue, this was at 1pm. I'd turn up earlier if i was you, I bet you'd get on the next coach out.

Edited by Waapster