Coach Travel - Camping

Guest tombertb

Hello all,

Last night I managed to get some coach tickets which is a first for us as we usually drive down.

Having not done it before I have a couple of queries.

Obviously depending on what departure time we are allocated (coming from Manchester) would answer this but if we were to camp (thinking of trying to get tipi's as it's my Dad's first time at 60 but no guarantee of course), where is usually the best (more quiet) place? We camp at big ground when we drive down but there will no space by the time we arrive as it is usually full by 11.

Secondly, the return journey will almost certainly be long and arduous on a coach leaving at 6am (if then) - other than trying to jump in with friends who are driving, has anyone been in a similar situation and found a solution?

Thanks!

for coming back you can just ditch your return and buy a new ticket at the bus station on your way out, or get on the castle cary shuttle and buy a train ticket home. Of course that's only ok if you are able/prepared to lose what you paid for the return leg of your coach ticket and buy a new ticket home.

You could turn up for another (later) departure of your seetickets coach and see if people haven't turned up and they might let you on but you'd still have to be prepared to buy a new ticket if they won't let you/coach is full

Edited by storm