What link did people use?

Guest gmb1992

It's the luck of the draw, I think. I've wasted hours over the years with the back-door links, but always got through to the booking page with the straight glastonbury.seetickets.com URL. Just don't trust the 'this page will automatically refresh' message. I missed out in tickets for 2013 many times over by stupidly trusting the auto-queuing system. F5 all the way for me!!

Got mine 7 minutes in. Chrome, Virgin (100mb), Windows.

This was the landing page URL: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2015-ticket-coach-travel-deposits/worthy-farm/850005/

Need to somehow guess what it will be for no-coach of course. Once I got the landing page once I copied it to a couple of tabs. The auto refresh (which was set to 4 seconds) did the trick for one of them. 1 out of 6 or 7. None of the other tabs "made it" so perhaps it is an idea to have plenty of tabs open - and even several browsers.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Anders Krogh

It's the luck of the draw, I think. I've wasted hours over the years with the back-door links, but always got through to the booking page with the straight glastonbury.seetickets.com URL. Just don't trust the 'this page will automatically refresh' message. I missed out in tickets for 2013 many times over by stupidly trusting the auto-queuing system. F5 all the way for me!!

So even though you are in the queue, just keep hitting F5? Does that not mean you constantly get put to the back of the queue? Ugh this is too confusing for me!

firefox with the official link. straight in and out on first refresh of the page after 7. my friend who has never seen anything but a timed out message in previous years got straight to the holding page (i got her ticket so she just stopped).

if see have updated something, as it seems, it's going to be over in a blink on sunday.

I just had one tab of glastonbury.seetickets.com open in chrome and one in internet explorer with a word document minimised with all the details I needed on, I just kept F5ing until the page come up in Internet Explorer and it was plain sailing all the way from there.

I had both Safari and Firefox open on a Mac. In a non-scientific by-eye test Firefox seemed to be the quicker page refresher (milliseconds difference!).

I just refreshed both broswers alternately and Safari got me in after just a couple of goes. Booking completed at 7.01pm.

My feeling is that there was no difference between the two, it just so happened that Safari grabbed onto a 'open' link at that specific moment.

Good luck to everyone for Sunday...

Ben

PS - Oh, and I did use the booking page link that was posted just before the sale last night, rather than the glastonbury.seetickets.com generic link. Can't know if it got me to the booking page quicker, but I'm glad I had it!

Edited by bennyhana22

What was that link?

I'm pretty sure it was this one from a post above, gracemary (sorry, am at work now, not at home computer...):

http://glastonbury.s...hy-farm/850005/

But that one now just links back to the 'worthy-view' generic link from the glastonbury.seetickets.com, so they clearly deactivated it after closing the caoch/ticket sale. No doubt the lovely techie clever ones will post similar links to the general ticket sale booking landing page as the zero hour approaches on Sunday morning, so keep scanning the forum and good luck!

Ben

x

One thing to keep in mind - don't think the links to the landing page from yesterday will work on Sunday given that the url states "ticket-coach-travel" - plus the 85..... number will probably be different.

It's interesting to see how people got through but careful you don't waste time on Sunday refreshing the wrong link.

I just put the seetickets glastonbury link in my bookmarks before hand, went onto it about 10 minutes before sale, had a clock up showing `official london time` on the other tab and as soon as it hit 06.59 started refreshing like crazy just f5ing till I got through, took about 2-3 minutes till I was on the ticket buying page(if you dont get through it puts you on a `all servers are busy keep trying` holding page thats the one you just refresh till it lets you through.

I know it didnt take long as according to seetickets info on the website my tickets were ordered at 7.03pm.

I dont know if speed of connection helps, on a 150mb virgin media connection here so no problems with page load times or anything.

So even though you are in the queue, just keep hitting F5? Does that not mean you constantly get put to the back of the queue? Ugh this is too confusing for me!

There is no queue (there's a quote on this from Glastonbury Festivals somewhere regarding the sale for 2014 tickets - I'll see if I can find it and will post it here). What you see is just a holding page. So yes, press F5 until you get the booking form up to enter your registration details, then it should all go through seamlessly from there on in.

One thing to keep in mind - don't think the links to the landing page from yesterday will work on Sunday given that the url states "ticket-coach-travel" - plus the 85..... number will probably be different.

Agree. Am monitoring various pages via Follow That Page and this link seems to be live now, after returning a 404 error for months: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Event/GLASTONBURY-2015-DEPOSITS/Worthy-Farm/800000. However, I'll probably just use glastonbury.seetickets.com again. It's seen me right before.