I've got tickets for 2015

ian the worm

I bought two tickets and a camper van pass for next year, but no longer want to go. So if anybody knows anyone that wants a two ticket + camper van ticket then let me know as I'll sell for less than cost price ie. I'd throw the camper van ticket part in for free.

If I can't sell them before the event, then we'll be going too.

Why you no longer wanna go?

Hello ian. :)

I now think that I'd prefer to use the money to try a festival that I haven't been to before. That said, we'll be re-visiting Shambala and Something Else in the Dean next year.

It's a shame we didn't meet up at Wychwood this year. If I don't sell the Wychwood 2015 tickets then I'll definitely make it a priority to hook up with you for a drink or several.

Bjorn Again might?

I once went to see an Abba tribute band in The Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury. I'm not sure what they were called, but could have well been Bjorn Again. I don't think they were though. It was a hoot from start to finish. I'd never been there before and was staying with friends close by. I had no idea when I turned up to the venue that it would be swamped with OAP's who had evidently been on the lash all day! I have only ever seen elderly people that drunk before at what was called the Food & Drink Show at the NEC, and at the Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival in Ireland. Anyway, you can kind of guess how the night proceeded (especially as you could bring drinks from the bar in with you. As our group had large hidden supplies of red wine stashed on us this was irrelevant). Needless to say, everyone was dancing by the end. It was like they'd given the OAP's L-DOPA earlier in the day and it had just kicked in. I really didn't want that evening to stop.

Anyway, if there's an Abba tribute playing, you can count me in.

• 7 months later...

My 2015 ticket arrived today by e-mail along with my campervan pass.

Going solo this year as the rest of the gang all have other things going on (weddings, family holidays etc.) so looking forward to meeting up with a few EFesters.

My caravan is a Coachman Amara 520/4. Can't remember now what I'll have on the flagpole - probably my old daffodil windsock and there will be a "Grumpyhack lives here" poster on the window.

A bit like this

S5035658.png

And with an awning a bit like this (if I can be bothered to put it up just for me)

99457316-5091-6d49-ce93-3794d429a55f-201

The car with it is a silver Audi A6 Allroad. Reg no LV05 FYF.

Come and say hello and call in for a cuppa.

Will look you up for sure. Will have with me: the littlest worm and 4 or 5 worm friends.

You still got the same number? I'll text you when I'm there.

Ian :)

Yep, same number. Cheers, Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good to meet up with Neil and Ian the Worm plus families. But a howling wind that made for a rather chilly festival.

I've decided the main common denominator amongst the main bands this year was that were just a bit past their sell by date. (The Barron Knights boasting that they were celebrating their 55th year on tour!) Quite a few were probably charging a lot less than they commanded in their hey day but it was still a good all-round festival.

Still a good chance to check over kit before Glasto. Mental note to take my thermals just in case we get glorious clear skies but with chilly nights.

Hopefully it meant a few tunes got aired that don't usually get played anymore.

Dreadzone ain't dreadzone without Spee there though.....

It needs them both, really...

I think I've seen both of them on stage at the same time at less than half of the times I've seen Dreadzone, tho it's the first time I've seen them without Spee.

I thought it made a nice change myself. I love Dreadzone, but after 20+ years of seeing them it was a pleasant different way to see them.