NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

Strange that the long awaited acts to be added to the heineken stages this week have been what seem like 2 pretty unknown portugese acts - cavaliers of fun and senores.  Not quite what i hoping for, ah well.

On a positive note, some of my most anticipated tracks for the weekend from the current line up -

Future islands - Balance

Young Fathers - Nest

Flight facilities - foreign language

Chromeo - come alive

Muse - Mercy (from the tracks i havent heard them do live yet from new album)

Django Django - reflections

Metronomy - The look

Roisin Murphy - You know me better

Mogwai - Haunted by a freak

Future islands Vireos eye

Louisaah - In my Veins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tr4TzIgC-E

Flight fac - Clair De Lune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcu1AHaTchM

Edited by redstar99

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, odd that the 2 new bands added weren't even announced as they usually are. Still hopeful that we'll get some more recognisable names, at least with the 2 slots open on the main stage (one of whom is a replacement for Stromae).

Would also like some stage times soon, need something to distract me from the Glastonbury buzz going on which is killing me not going this year!

I just hope they pull something out, while the lineup is good as it is, there's not really too much there for me. I doubt we'll get 40 proper names now, I bet 20-30 of them will be more comedians or shit DJs

Edited by robMUFC96

I quite like that song, it's a bit like a lot of the other stuff on the bill but it'll do. Not heard anything else by him/them but I hadn't by stromae either, I can deal with that.

Here's hoping they back it up with some more solid stuff soon and don't jib us all off with a load of random portugese bands that they're too embarassed to announce cos they know they'll take a load of shit!

Chet Faker's been placed above Sam Smith on the lineup. Blasted Mechanism added to main stage for Friday

That will be it for the main stage acts then. Not really holding out for anything familier for the other stages either but overall, I'm happy with the lineup.

Now, just want the stage times so we can work out who we'll see. The main one for us is seeing both Muse and Metronomy - do the Heineken headliners go on last (ie 2/3am) or do they clash with the main stage headliners usually?

Cant say im overwhelmed by Chet Faker or Blasted Mechanism.  On the whole the line up is still very good, slightly better than Glasto line up this year for my money(which is poor overall from my perspective).

Last year the Heineken stage times were on much later than main stage broken money -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D7HC1iCGBas/U6x8-Snp5LI/AAAAAAAAFtI/WZNDsA8aK4Q/s1600/10509483_10152185191891517_8089688830971786021_n.jpg

That will be it for the main stage acts then. Not really holding out for anything familier for the other stages either but overall, I'm happy with the lineup.

Now, just want the stage times so we can work out who we'll see. The main one for us is seeing both Muse and Metronomy - do the Heineken headliners go on last (ie 2/3am) or do they clash with the main stage headliners usually?

According to the Clashfinder from last year they come on last and don't clash, but can't be sure. I'll do the Clashfinder for this year when they're released

Its clear they have fallen short of the mark they have set themselves. Dont worry tho... Lisbon is powerful!!!

Viniportugal - free winetasting

Cabacas - steak steak and more cook your own perfect steak!!!!

Op Art cafe (fri & sat) - sick ass underground techno club by the docks

Village underground - lisboas version of the shoreditch kool kids club

Its clear they have fallen short of the mark they have set themselves. Dont worry tho... Lisbon is powerful!!!

Viniportugal - free winetasting

Cabacas - steak steak and more cook your own perfect steak!!!!

Op Art cafe (fri & sat) - sick ass underground techno club by the docks

Village underground - lisboas version of the shoreditch kool kids club

sweet mate keep the recommendations coming! Like I said me and my Mrs are there for a week so gonna check some of Lisbon out. Plan on doing the cultural stuff (e.g monastery and maybe a walking tour) on wednesday or Tuesday as well as a couple of nights out on top of the festival. Awful, awful line up but it's happening now so let's do it

sweet mate keep the recommendations coming! Like I said me and my Mrs are there for a week so gonna check some of Lisbon out. Plan on doing the cultural stuff (e.g monastery and maybe a walking tour) on wednesday or Tuesday as well as a couple of nights out on top of the festival. Awful, awful line up but it's happening now so let's do it

You camping?

Walking tours its all about...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189158-d2150973-Reviews-Wild_Walkers_Free_Tours_Pub_Crawls-Lisbon_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

If your with ya lady then Sintra is a must, particularly this place...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189164-d484394-Reviews-Quinta_Da_Regaleira-Sintra_Sintra_Municipality_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

To previous campers,

Does there mini-mart sell any form of booze?

How far is closest supermarket (off-license)??

Yep booze for sale, more expensive than supermarket but don't think it was too much. Nearest supermarket was a bit of a trek so we only did it once then relied on the camp shop. Look on google maps, there's a shopping centre the other side of the decathlon, supermarket in there

Great tips, nice one - were in lisbon for a week so will definitely be checkin these out prior to NOS