NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

Dont forget they do jumble names around. Ie banks was initally on main stage now on heineken. If things get that bad im sure they would do something similar maybe? Some of those acts dont belong on the mainstage compared to previous years. Just have to look back and compare against previous years. The fact they have introduced another stage (very little mention of it yet) and a comedybstage suggests to me the budget hs been stretched a little further this year so not as much for the bigger subs. Its not the best but its varied and generally pretty darn good for the cash... Plus Lisbon is sexy!!!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a comedy stage last year (which is none English) however the Saturday is pretty weak as was 2014's. I think they blow most the budget on the first two days to get the 3 day tickets sold. Would like to see a couple of established names playing the Saturday, even if not headline status. Seems a trek just to see Disclosure at midnight.

Well a week ago they posted a lineup poster. Top comment is 'how about you announce some more people before you go ahead and call yourselves the best. Because at the moment you can't even compare to the other festivals on'. The other comments in Porugese seem to be negative too.

Personally I think the line up is quite good compared to others, especially when you consider the ticket price.

I Don't think they will add another headliner for the saturday, mainstage is already full with 5 names. There is one mainstage slot open on friday and in total 7 2nd stage slots when it's 9 acts/day again.

They used to announce 1 act a week so I wonder why they have gone quiet with still 8 acts TBA.

hi, there are still 1 or 2 more names to add to the sat main stage, imo..there are 2 slots still open for the fri, not just 1 like you say...i honestly don't think it has gone too quiet..there's a few weeks yet..the libs didn't get announced until a month before last year

Edited by blurbinator

Last year they announced the libertines exactly one month before the festival, not a week. But that was the only name that was announced that late, all the others were known by half may.

Nos/optimus always has a fixed number of acts on their first two stages which is 5 and 9.

They will definitely have to do something when Sam Smith can’t make it.

Last year they announced the libertines exactly one month before the festival, not a week. But that was the only name that was announced that late, all the others were known by half may.

Nos/optimus always has a fixed number of acts on their first two stages which is 5 and 9.

They will definitely have to do something when Sam Smith can’t make it.

Re libs, yes, thats what i said?...re sam smith, there is nothing yet saying that he won't be able to perform post-surgery...or have you read somewhere that he won't?

No it's just that Sam Smith + Disclosure are promoted as co headliners now so when Sam Smith drops out of the program they miss one name of their headlining duo and NOS is forced to book a new headliner for the saturday.

i wasn't aware that either disclosure or sam smith were being touted as co-headliners tbh..i haven't heard them mentioned at all as headliners..perhaps they are...i don't know...why are you so sure that Sam Smith will drop out?

No I'm not sure at all that Sam Smith will drop out, I think I am misunderstood here. I just meant to say that it is the only thing I can think of that would really force the organization to book another mainstage name for the saturday.

Right now all the mainstage slots are filled for the saturday and Disclosure + Sam Smith are in headliner font on all their posters. On nos alive facebook you can also see a train in Lisbon with Disclosure in the same font as Muse and the Prodigy and Sam Smith as the biggest name of the second line.

Last year there was an empty spot on all their posters before they announced the Libertines.

Like others are saying, I'm slightly disappointed with this years headliners after last year. I don't see Disclosure being big enough for the saturday night headline. Sam smith has also jumped from playing the heineken stage last year to "co headliner"?

I really hope they announce someone else, Kasabian would make a fantastic headliner.

Also checking the Nos Alive website under lineup the Palco Nos Stage for thursday has 6 acts on it? Are they changing the format and if so maybe there is room for someone above disclosure anyway?

Anyway I think we will hear the rest of the line up in the next 2 weeks. Either way Im excited for a great festival!

Like others are saying, I'm slightly disappointed with this years headliners after last year. I don't see Disclosure being big enough for the saturday night headline. Sam smith has also jumped from playing the heineken stage last year to "co headliner"?

I really hope they announce someone else, Kasabian would make a fantastic headliner.

Also checking the Nos Alive website under lineup the Palco Nos Stage for thursday has 6 acts on it? Are they changing the format and if so maybe there is room for someone above disclosure anyway?

Anyway I think we will hear the rest of the line up in the next 2 weeks. Either way Im excited for a great festival!

Its just that Ben Harper's band has a long name. Still 5 Bands

i honestly think we have a cpl more surprises to come..i agree that although disclosure & smith are big, they are not at headliner level a la libs/arctics/black keys etc..i really can see Kasabian getting added

I'm happy enough with the line up, the Saturday is weaker for sure, but the Thursday/Friday are good. I'd pay the ticket price just to see Muse TBH. People complaining, it happens every festival pretty much every year.

Looking at the poster they released, it seems only Muse are poster listed as headliners on the Thursday, so possibly one more addition there with one of the other bands dropping to the 2nd stage and only 4 down for main stage on the Friday. Hopefully they'll be two decent names.

With it being almost exactly a month to the festival now, when do people think we'll get a final lineup announced? Still quite a few holes in the lineup which could bring a few surprises hopefully.

Were stage times, etc announced before the festival last year does anybody recall?

With it being almost exactly a month to the festival now, when do people think we'll get a final lineup announced? Still quite a few holes in the lineup which could bring a few surprises hopefully.

Were stage times, etc announced before the festival last year does anybody recall?

Yeah I'd like to know when the stage times are usually announced as well. Re full line-up, looks to me like there should still be 1 more act on the main stage announced for the sat, plus 4-5 more acts still to be announced on the heineken stages(Friday mostly). Plus possibly a few more DJ's in the clubbing tent/stage. Its a fantastic line up already, much better than Glasto and others this year for my money and with cheap beer and guaranteed sun :beach: ... roll on next month.

Edited by redstar99

Last year I got the Alive app, and stage times were put on there a few days before, just after final line up confirmed. They also dish out free neck timetables ion arrival (like the ones UK festivals charge £10 for)

Awesome, thats great to hear - thanks for the info. Hope we get some more news soon with it being exactly a month today that the festival starts!

Met a lot of campers last year. They were having a great time but did say they barely slept due to the noise in site, and found hard to escape the sun. Definitely for younger people without being ageist! I went for the hotel 10 minute train journey away, which will be the plan this year. There was a pool there also , and free bus to site. Taxis dead cheap, approx 3 euros for a 5 min journey and road pretty clear so no extra charges for being stuck in traffic.

Were stopping in one of the bungalow/cabins at the campsite, which have beds, showers, cooking facilities etc so best of boths worlds and only cost 60 euro a night between us.

So with just 29 days to go which acts is everyone most looking forward to seeing? My top 10 in no particular:

Future islands(for the sixth time, first being Coachella last year)

Muse

Flight Facilities

Young Fathers

Metronomy

Mogwai

Louisahhh

Django Django

Chromeo

Julio Bashmore