Vivago rant !

ghandi

Surprised a tory government even considers this to be honest.

I can kind of understand someone buying tickets with the hope of going to the gig and then finding out they can't go so deciding to sell their tickets only to find out they're massively in demand so selling them for a profit, cause like say I had a spare ticket and a friend offered me 50 quid whereas another offered me 60 I'd obviously sell it to the 60 pound guy but how people can defend c**ts buying bulk loads of tickets with no intention of going and then selling them on to people who are desperately after the tickets the greedy c**t bought up I can't understand.

The first way is bad enough nevermind the second

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone is a greedy b'stard, that's why.

Problem is Viagogo, StubHub etc. are also the main marketplace now.

You think if he put a ticket up there for face value, it'd go to a fan? No chance, it'd be bought by a tout to sell on again. When I end up with spares or unwanted tickets I try and find someone that actually wants one on the fan forums or twitter etc. but that's a bit of a pain.

Problem is Viagogo, StubHub etc. are also the main marketplace now.

You think if he put a ticket up there for face value, it'd go to a fan? No chance, it'd be bought by a tout to sell on again. When I end up with spares or unwanted tickets I try and find someone that actually wants one on the fan forums or twitter etc. but that's a bit of a pain.

I don't think its quite that black and white - using stubhub alerts i've got to see three gigs at face value, including Row A seats for an arena gig that would've been impossible to get without getting through in the pre sale, so there is a chance but i agree there is also a chance touts will get hold of it

just how often do people end up with unwanted tickets anyway?

Surely an end to touting is more important than the microscopic off-chance you might just possibly one day end up with a ticket you need to sell?

Quite often for some - my girlfriend has to go away a lot with work, and its sometimes at short notice so we book tickets and sometimes can't go. There's sometimes a friend who wants to go, but similarly sometimes there isn't. I imagine this is the case for quite a few people.

I'll admit i've been using people selling on spares to my advantage the last couple of years, for example if there are multiple on sales in a short period or i can't afford to buy the ticket originally, I may be able to nearer the time. But I guess i'd just need to be philosophical about it if that disappears.

Obviously because what? You'd be making more money off one of your friends? xD

yep haha, this is assuming I think of both friends the same and I've offered it to them both at the exact same time, if I prefer the 50 quid guy over the 60 then the 50 quid guy would get it or if the 50 quid guy agreed first then he'd get it

So if I wanted to buy a "new" ticket without supporting the touting scum sharks, which companies do I need to use? Am I right that See Tickets is not affiliated to one, but ticketmaster is? What about gigsandtours or ticketline?

Gigsandtours and See Tickets are the same company. They used to have a resale site but not sure if they do now?

Ticketmaster and Ticketweb are essentially the same company, though only Ticketmaster openly promoted GetMeIn (and owns Seatwave).

Gigantic are very much an ethical ticket company and give a % of their booking fee to I think Oxfam. Stargreen (London gigs), Ticketline and Eventim don't have resale sites either I don't think.

Edited by briddj

Gigsandtours and See Tickets are the same company. They used to have a resale site but not sure if they do now?

Ticketmaster and Ticketweb are essentially the same company, though only Ticketmaster openly promoted GetMeIn (and owns Seatwave).

Gigantic are very much an ethical ticket company and give a % of their booking fee to I think Oxfam. Stargreen (London gigs), Ticketline and Eventim don't have resale sites either I don't think.

Ticket line are great - got through loads of times when not a sniff at the others. Eventim too - Noel Gallagher tickets sold out on others and I strolled through on there

• 4 weeks later...

This is how to do it, this is for The Rugby World Cup later this year.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/62291

The rugby authorities seem to have a better grip on resales. I have seen people refused entry at Twickenham for having bought tickets off secondary marketing.

Also a lot of the tickets for the internationals are only sold through clubs or groups. As tickets are for seats it is easy for them to see who is selling tickets and they will then ban the club or supporter from buying tickets.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/2015/ticket-touts-whos-exploiting/

Slightly different take suggesting touts are entrepreneurs rather than scum. Dont buy it myself

Here's a few choice sections from this article:

"But setting dodgy practices aside – like keeping the face value hidden, hiding the terms of resale, or (my favourite) venues and promoters sending tickets straight to secondary platforms (yes, we see you) – the fact that there is a healthy, impulsive, even reckless cultural economy, that  can stretch out for two or even three transactions, where tickets regularly  go up in value in secondary markets, should be celebrated."

"If secondary platforms are shafting venues and artists, maybe it’s because they’re bending over half asleep and just letting it happen."

"Dan Eastmond is managing director  of Firestation Arts and Culture CIC which runs the Firestation arts centre, Lemonade Gallery, Fireythings and Beat Magazine."

I don't even need to add my 2 cents to this, do I?

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

Which? reveals that most ticket resales sites are still stitching up buyers

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151113d.shtml

They were never going do anything really was they?

People need to using those sites all together, even when the tickets are "cheaper". Using them legitimizes it.

T in the park announced that they would be puting a " limited number of Friday day tickets " on sale last Friday when the Roses Manchester tickets went on sale.

They did not put any day tickets on sale but did / are selling full weekend tickets.

So....no day tickets have been on public sale but you can buy one right now on Vivago if you are daft enough to pay £150.

How can this be ? It`s a shite state of affairs.