Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

1 hour ago, Warbler said:

To pimp a butterfly is nothing short of a master piece in my opinion, I had to listen to it a good fair few times to fully appreciate how good it actually is, a standout track for me on the album is U, but Kendrick doesn't shy away from experimenting and bringing in loads of concepts, genius

U is a favourite of mine as well. King Kunta was one of the first songs to really grab me from the album because it's so unusual. It brings together so many different styles. The album is just pure fuckin genius 

12 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Art of Peer Pressure is my favourite, i love tracks like that with a clear story.

I often whinge that not enough music (of all genres) these days has a clear story. The art of peer pressure is like being read a book. 

To me though, it highlights why hip hop doesn't often work with a big crowd. You need to be able to hear exactly what he is saying. The words often get lost in a big crowd. If I was watching that on stage in a small venue (even a theatre) I'd love it.. in a big crowd at a festival, I think what makes that great would be lost.

I have only recently given Kendrick some time, but I am loving TPAB.

Not revolutionary choices, but The Blacker the Berry and I are my favourites

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• 4 weeks later...