Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

Longitude and Latitude usually share at least one headliner don't they? what with the UK exclusive BST have on Kendrick and The National having already played, i guess Major Lazer makes the most sense... although i wouldn't have pinned them as a Latitude headliner myself

pretty nice lineup Longitude have their anyway!

edit: actually scratch that, they didn't share one in 2014 so maybe it was just last year

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Oh I know. And to be honest that's probably not that many less than in England. It's only geography teachers with elbow patches that use it these days. 

Mhmm. Removed from geography curriculum here a decade ago.

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ok I'll rephrase. It's only geography teachers from twenty years ago when I was at school and may not be taught like that anymore. 

No offence meant, squire. You'd be surprised -or maybe not actually - how many people over here have absolutely no idea about the difference between gb, UK and Republic and my main point was actually you guys aren't part of UK, not the British Isles part. I can see how that would be insulting. Sorry gov. 

No apology required man. Turaluralay etc etc.

:P

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

but he's a UK exclusive to BST, which him headlining Latitude would infringe on. man i'll be pissed if it turns out he's headlining Latitude instead of doing Glastonbury

Longitude has a bit of a different style to Latitude though. Don't reckon Kendrick Lamar or Major Lazer would suit Latitude.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Anyone know if Kendrick is touring the Butterfly thing this summer or has he moved on already?

Marlay Park ten minute drive from my place.

i don't think it'll be the Butterfly in full thing he did - more likely to be a more casual type of set with stuff from all his albums

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2015/silver-street-studios-houston-tx-53f21b8d.html

that's what he was playing in December. would expect similar

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i don't think it'll be the Butterfly in full thing he did - more likely to be a more casual type of set with stuff from all his albums

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2015/silver-street-studios-houston-tx-53f21b8d.html

that's what he was playing in December. would expect similar

Nice. Cheers mate.

Kendrick's style is less sonorous than lets say Guru or Rakim. There is a depth to the sound palette/curiosity to the lyrical content than goes way beyond either however. What is he, 28? That last record is a treat to the ears from start to finish.

13 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I need help here. Where shall I start with Kendrick? Just put on two videos and they must have been his worst two tracks.

To Pimp a Butterfly and M.A.A.D city are two fantastic albums, Section 80 is also good. If you want to start, I would suggest listening to songs like: Bitch don't kill my vibe, M.A.A.D city, King Kunta and ADHD, otherwise his more mainstream stuff 

Edit: you could probably avoid Swimming pools, not his finest work 

Edited by Warbler

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

instantly became one of my favourites just because of how insanely bizarre it is, especially as the second track on a mainstream rappers huge breakthrough album. the guy is just on another level

To pimp a butterfly is nothing short of a master piece in my opinion, I had to listen to it a good fair few times to fully appreciate how good it actually is, a standout track for me on the album is U, but Kendrick doesn't shy away from experimenting and bringing in loads of concepts, genius

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I've been getting into M.A.A.D city over the last few weeks and that is one of my favourites. Along with Poetic Justice and Money Trees.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Swimming Pools is one of his best songs imo. 

m.A.A.d City is one of the best albums of the past decade. 

M.A.A.D city is a fantastic album, and I am not saying I do not like swimming pools, I just feel he has done a lot better stuff, each man to their own though I just hope he plays Glastonbury, he was immense at Reading