Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

Just noticed in the Alright video he is wearing a hat with ''47'' on the side. Could that mean Kendrick hinted at the announcement/intended release date of his next album 2 years ago?

very unlikely but would love if  it was true, I imagine that'd be a nightmare to keep to schedule though!

Edited by rhg_99

Just now, EighteenSixty7 said:

I do wonder if something has led to the album being pushed back a week. To drop that April 7th line on The Heart IV and then only put the album up for pre-order on that day/today. No cover art, no album title, nothing.

Aye why would we need to 'get our shit together' for just an album release date? Seems pretty lame and would've made far more sense to drop the album, so I reckon it could've got pushed back a week.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye why would we need to 'get our shit together' for just an album release date? Seems pretty lame and would've made far more sense to drop the album, so I reckon it could've got pushed back a week.

maybe he remembered TPAB came out a week earlier than it was supposed to, and wanted to rebalance the universe by delaying this one by a week. Maybe he didn't want his launch overshadowed by the Harry Styles song. Maybe he's gone back and realised it isn't quite finished yet and has given himself another week. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

On 07/04/2017 at 10:08 PM, EighteenSixty7 said:

I do wonder if something has led to the album being pushed back a week. To drop that April 7th line on The Heart IV and then only put the album up for pre-order on that day/today. No cover art, no album title, nothing.

On 07/04/2017 at 10:10 PM, FloorFiller said:

TDE are dogshit at album rollouts for the most part, it's probably not something to worry about

Just now, evannn said:

TDE are dogshit at album rollouts for the most part, it's probably not something to worry about

Oh I'm not worried - I honestly wasn't expecting a new Kendrick album until next year so the fact that this has come out of nowhere is amazing. I'm pumped, flawed rollout or not.

Also, everything about this album, from the first single to the album and track titles to the inclusion of Rihanna and U2 seem like the polar opposite of To Pimp a Butterfly. Maybe a bit too early to say but I reckon we can say goodbye to the jazz influences and such that came with that album, which could be seen as a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. This is the album that makes him a worldwide megastar for sure.

1 minute ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

The timing fits but is that the right place to do a full album set? 1 day after release, those there will only know HUMBLE. at best.

On the features, I trust him to get it right. I don't think this will be anything like TPAB.

Didn't Pulp do a load of new material at glasto '95? One of the most iconic sets in the history of the festival.

Wouldn't put it past him.