Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I know Fridays are the day where everything tends to be released now, how come that isn't the case for singles? 

I noticed that Yhandi is supposed to come out Saturday (29th Sep). Not like Kanye to stick to conventions I guess.

They normally debut singles on Thursdays now. Only reason I can think is that if it’s released at 00:00 in the Eastern Hemisphere, it’ll be morning in the US so they might as well push the single out in one go or else it’ll get ripped and uploaded elsewhere during the day, missing out on valuable streams.

I suppose doing that for albums would be kinda dumb to count sales from mid-afternoon Thursday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't think singles have any specific day, they just drop whenever.

Yeah Kanye is premiering it on SNL I think. Apparently that's what he did with TLOP and announced on air that it was out now on Tidal or whatever.

I don't remember Friday being the universal drop day up until the last 2-3 years to be fair, maybe I'm wrong. I remember TPAB dropping out of nowhere on a Monday morning and me losing my head at work. I'm sure Blonde was a Sunday too if I remember right.

Didn't he premiere Yeezus on SNL too? Seem to remember seeing a New Slaves performance from that at some point.

6 hours ago, ConorC said:

I don't remember Friday being the universal drop day up until the last 2-3 years to be fair, maybe I'm wrong. I remember TPAB dropping out of nowhere on a Monday morning and me losing my head at work. I'm sure Blonde was a Sunday too if I remember right.

Didn't he premiere Yeezus on SNL too? Seem to remember seeing a New Slaves performance from that at some point.

Yeah they changed it so we have a worldwide standard now, everywhere had different days so people were leaking things around the world and that. Shame coz I preferred music getting released a the start of the week.

• 2 years later...