Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well his Brits performance was almost unwatchable due to it being muted constantly, and the intro was kind of awkward - did it restart or was that how it was supposed to be? :wacko:

Hope an uncensored version leaks/is released. 

Seemed to restart once or twice. Looked like he just waited it out and then went for it.

• 2 months later...

Can't get  twitter on this laptop I'm using so I had to google K's name to see what stories are coming up, boy am I glad I didn't watch the video.... I'd have been cringing on her behalf.

I saw Yeezy at Drury Lane when he did that theatre gig with the orchestra and for Gold Digger he announced to the crowd that he was allowing the white folk to sing along to the proper words. Weird man.

https://www.spin.com/featured/how-do-rappers-handle-nigga-at-white-dominated-festivals/ - read this on the subject a few months ago.

35 minutes ago, battleborn said:

She's just saying the lyrics though isn't she? If she'd just casually called him a n word I'd get the outrage, probably not the most well advised thing in the world to do but still...

Yeah tbh as much as it isn't good, it's not the most surprising thing ever. I've heard loads of white people singing along to rap songs using the N word and not thinking there's anything wrong with it because it's part of the song. I bet in the Kanye crowd at Glasto loads of people were doing it.

Obviously the fact she did it on stage with Kendrick Lamar whilst she was the focus of the whole crowd is tragic, but I don't think it's uncommon for white people to see nothing wrong with saying it as long as they're just singing along to a song (as the Twitter replies back up).

I'm not condoning it, by the way. I certainly wouldn't do it, but I know people do.

11 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Can't get  twitter on this laptop I'm using so I had to google K's name to see what stories are coming up, boy am I glad I didn't watch the video.... I'd have been cringing on her behalf.

I saw Yeezy at Drury Lane when he did that theatre gig with the orchestra and for Gold Digger he announced to the crowd that he was allowing the white folk to sing along to the proper words. Weird man.

https://www.spin.com/featured/how-do-rappers-handle-nigga-at-white-dominated-festivals/ - read this on the subject a few months ago.

You need to watch the video. Spectacular cringe comedy.

It's just a very strange thing. Kendrick doesn't appear offended and can't stop laughing in that video because of the spectacular error of judgement the girl makes, but this girl has had to deactivate her social media because of the hate she has received - pretty much exclusively from white folk - after the event.

57 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I saw Schoolboy Q a few years ago and the crowd was basically 95% white guys and he made us all shout it out, it was weird. 

43 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah tbh as much as it isn't good, it's not the most surprising thing ever. I've heard loads of white people singing along to rap songs using the N word and not thinking there's anything wrong with it because it's part of the song. I bet in the Kanye crowd at Glasto loads of people were doing it.

Obviously the fact she did it on stage with Kendrick Lamar whilst she was the focus of the whole crowd is tragic, but I don't think it's uncommon for white people to see nothing wrong with saying it as long as they're just singing along to a song (as the Twitter replies back up).

I'm not condoning it, by the way. I certainly wouldn't do it, but I know people do.

It's not something I do, but it's something that I'm very conscious of at gigs, especially as I'm the type of gig-goer that  if I know the words to a song that's being played, then I'll likely be singing / rapping along to it (probably to the annoyance of those around me)

At Paak in Brixton last month he opened with the absolute banger Come Down, with its funky old intro that goes on before the whole band stop  for him to sing the first line acapella. The setup for that song is custom built for crowd partipation of that first line, but as it has that word in it, I bite my tongue!! Suppose there's always the hip-hop karaoke method, where they replace it with brother I suppose.

I reckon I'm in the minority mind, a lot of the Brixton Academy went for it, especially when Dre came out and did The Next Episode / Still DRE. 

41 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I saw Schoolboy Q a few years ago and the crowd was basically 95% white guys and he made us all shout it out, it was weird. 

It was just really awkward at Kanye's gig, as some seemed to take to much vigour. 

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It's not something I do, but it's something that I'm very conscious of at gigs, especially as I'm the type of gig-goer that  if I know the words to a song that's being played, then I'll likely be singing / rapping along to it (probably to the annoyance of those around me)

At Paak in Brixton last month he opened with the absolute banger Come Down, with its funky old intro that goes on before the whole band stop  for him to sing the first line acapella. The setup for that song is custom built for crowd partipation of that first line, but as it has that word in it, I bite my tongue!! Suppose there's always the hip-hop karaoke method, where they replace it with brother I suppose.

I reckon I'm in the minority mind, a lot of the Brixton Academy went for it, especially when Dre came out and did The Next Episode / Still DRE. 

It was just really awkward at Kanye's gig, as some seemed to take to much vigour. 

Still can't believe I had tickets for that .Paak gig but didn't go because I couldn't afford travel ffs.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

You need to watch the video. Spectacular cringe comedy.

It's just a very strange thing. Kendrick doesn't appear offended and can't stop laughing in that video because of the spectacular error of judgement the girl makes, but this girl has had to deactivate her social media because of the hate she has received - pretty much exclusively from white folk - after the event.

I've just watched it, I just wanted the ground to open up!!