Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah sorry I just meant there's no need for Drake to play festivals at all now he's got to this big. Man could sell out Wembley Stadium an Ed Sheeran-esque number of times. Obviously if he does do the festival circuit again then returning to Wireless would be high on the agenda, but I can't see it

Drake or Kendrick for Glasto 2019

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Plenty of alternatives Wireless could get.

Drake, Jay Z, J Cole & A$AP Rocky. Kanye's supposed to be back next year too. All 5 certainly wireless headline level. Even acts like Lil Uzi/Migos/Travis Scott/21 Savage are co-headline level if their trajectory continues.

Okay I'm gonna rephrase this before I get every living hip hop artist mailed to me. I predict that Kendrick will be one of the bigger names touring that Wireless could get, thus snapping him up and R+L getting some rubbish indie rockers instead.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was Kanye's Glasto performance considered a success in hip hop circles? Jay-Z's was, but was Kanye's successful enough to convince other artists to give it a shot? 

same as here really, strong start, flat middle, good ending, with the usual Kanye theatrics.

I doubt many other artists know or care what Jay-Z/Kanye's shows were like TBH, they're pretty much an irrelevance to them I'd imagine. the booking agent gets sent a proposal, the booking agent presents it to the acts' management/tour management who sign off on it. you certainly won't have many US rappers (or bands in general) doing research on international festivals before they decide to play. Glastonbury is just another field in Europe to them.

Edited by ghostdancer1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Just read an article saying O2 priority may have accidentally leaked UK tour dates.

Manchester Arena (9 February), Glasgow’s Hydro SSE Arena (11 February), London’s The O2 (12-13 February) and Birmingham’s Genting Arena (14 February).

I would be all over this if it didn't fall in the "baby window". Had to sell my Chris Rock ticket for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You think? As far as Arena acts go he's not the biggest, but then the prices for them seem to have gone way up lately so maybe around £65 is right. Hopefully he'll have a good support act to make it seem more worthwhile.

Ticket prices are often higher for rappers for whatever reason (maybe they just charge more). Don't expect any change from £80, bare minimum.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Ticket prices are often higher for rappers for whatever reason (maybe they just charge more). Don't expect any change from £80, bare minimum.

Would personally be very surprised for it to be THAT much but I guess we'll see. I'm gonna try for tickets either way but DAMN. would I be bitter about forking over £80.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would personally be very surprised for it to be THAT much but I guess we'll see. I'm gonna try for tickets either way but DAMN. would I be bitter about forking over £80.

I think I already mentioned this on here, but J Cole is £60 after fees for some context on how much rappers charge. So yeah 80 for Kendrick is likely. A few arenas though is better than just London, I might have to justify paying the high price as "well I'd have gone to London for him so this Manchester date saves transport costs and comes out around the same price", which is a bit daft but I've gotta convince myself somehow!

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

I think I already mentioned this on here, but J Cole is £60 after fees for some context on how much rappers charge. So yeah 80 for Kendrick is likely. A few arenas though is better than just London, I might have to justify paying the high price as "well I'd have gone to London for him so this Manchester date saves transport costs and comes out around the same price", which is a bit daft but I've gotta convince myself somehow!

Lol people paying £60 for J Cole. Kendrick better bring a great support over with him then if it's gonna be that pricey.

• Upvote 1