Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

I try not to have gig regrets but turning down a Ritz ticket when he was touring GKMC is definitely one. Just gonna hold out for a TPAB anniversary tour every 10 years (unless of course he brings out an album that tops it for me personally, which I don't doubt he can do). Seeing him for 100 at an arena is a stretch currently though.

13 hours ago, DropBeat said:

Ugh I want to see Kendrick more than any artist touring at the moment. But not sure I could justify circa £100 on any single gig - for a couple of hours max in the fucking O2. Even for Kenny. :( Hope it's not that much, but can definitely see it happening.

We might be lucky, he might do a venue outside London. Who knows. 

22 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

We might be lucky, he might do a venue outside London. Who knows. 

It depends when the tour is. If we're looking March/April time then O2 and arenas in Glasgow and maybe Manchester if you're lucky.

If he's over here in the summer then possibly Reading/Leeds, Wireless or dare I suggest a night at BST?

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It depends when the tour is. If we're looking March/April time then O2 and arenas in Glasgow and maybe Manchester if you're lucky.

If he's over here in the summer then possibly Reading/Leeds, Wireless or dare I suggest a night at BST?

He'll probably be the marquee name at Wireless.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's the most likely outcome I'd say.

Id say the most likely outcome next year is headliner at R&L. He's already subbed it and had the best response of anyone that day at Leeds, the crowd for him was incredible as was K.Dot, he's also headlined Longitude which is another FR festival.

24 minutes ago, swede said:

Id say the most likely outcome next year is headliner at R&L. He's already subbed it and had the best response of anyone that day at Leeds, the crowd for him was incredible as was K.Dot, he's also headlined Longitude which is another FR festival.

Depends who offers the most I suppose.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

it says "late this year/early next year", which is almost certainly arenas IMO.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Arenas in February then back to Europe for the summer festival season perhaps?

This would be the ideal scenario. Especially if, before the arena dates go on sale, there's a fair idea of who the undercard would be for his day at whichever summer festival he does, so it's possible to choose based on which option would be better value for money. That's probably very optimistic though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He'll probably be the marquee name at Wireless.

Given how well it sold this year they might well go all out and get him yep. He only co-headlined BST as recently as last year so almost certainly won't end up in Hyde Park again.

Edited by Zac Quinn

12 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Given how well it sold this year they might well go all out and get him yep. He only co-headlined BST as recently as last year so almost certainly won't end up in Hyde Park again.

Well, I was just thinking if FR decided to streamline negotiating his appearance in the UK it'd probably fit the best with potential tour dates to do Wireless cos everyone tours around then plus they don't have that many R&B/hip hop stars to choose from so I can't see them tossing him towards R+L and then being left with dodgy coheadliners at Wireless.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, I was just thinking if FR decided to streamline negotiating his appearance in the UK it'd probably fit the best with potential tour dates to do Wireless cos everyone tours around then plus they don't have that many R&B/hip hop stars to choose from so I can't see them tossing him towards R+L and then being left with dodgy coheadliners at Wireless.

Yep.

Only way I see him doing R+L is if Jay Zed agrees to do Wireless again, not impossible but probably not terribly likely either.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If this is the attitude they have, they will never have a non-Eminem hip hop headliner at Reading when there clearly is a huge market for it

Wireless can have 3 of Jay/ASAP Rocky/Stormzy/Rihanna/Major Lazer/Tyler or whoever the fuck else. Got plenty of options 

Edited by Steve1000

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

If this is the attitude they have, they will never have a non-Eminem hip hop headliner at Reading when there clearly is a huge market for it

Wireless can have 3 of Jay/ASAP Rocky/Stormzy/Rihanna/Major Lazer/Tyler or whoever the fuck else. Got plenty of options 

The attitude makes sense to me. With R+L they have plenty of headliners that would be at least as big a ticket seller as Kendrick Lamar, whereas with Wireless they may have to turn to Tyler the Creator to headline.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The attitude makes sense to me. With R+L they have plenty of headliners that would be at least as big a ticket seller as Kendrick Lamar, whereas with Wireless they may have to turn to Tyler the Creator to headline.

I guess so but wireless managed to sell out this year with no one huge so they could do it again. Also I doubt Jay will be as desirable as King Kenny to other festivals so let Wireless have him if they need a marquee name

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The world's first Skype headliner? Or has Tyler's ban been lifted?

Plenty of alternatives Wireless could get.

Drake, Jay Z, J Cole & A$AP Rocky. Kanye's supposed to be back next year too. All 5 certainly wireless headline level. Even acts like Lil Uzi/Migos/Travis Scott/21 Savage are co-headline level if their trajectory continues.

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Plenty of alternatives Wireless could get.

Drake, Jay Z, J Cole & A$AP Rocky. Kanye's supposed to be back next year too. All 5 certainly wireless headline level. Even acts like Lil Uzi/Migos/Travis Scott/21 Savage are co-headline level if their trajectory continues.

Don't see Drake ever lowering himself to it again but a trio of Jay Z, Stormzy and J Cole would be huge for them. 

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Don't see Drake ever lowering himself to it again but a trio of Jay Z, Stormzy and J Cole would be huge for them. 

Is playing Wireless considered a step down for a hip hop artist? I would've thought it's the premier hip hop fest in Europe.

Just now, ConorC said:

Is playing Wireless considered a step down for a hip hop artist? I would've thought it's the premier hip hop fest in Europe.

Yeah sorry I just meant there's no need for Drake to play festivals at all now he's got to this big. Man could sell out Wembley Stadium an Ed Sheeran-esque number of times. Obviously if he does do the festival circuit again then returning to Wireless would be high on the agenda, but I can't see it