Coach ticket questions

Pbird81

Am tempted to try for coach tix this year.... Got a couple of questions,

Are there Friday departures available? Would love to get there earlier, but no way I'll be out of work before 9pm on the Thurs :(

Do you get any choice on departure times? Are some of them really crazy?

Do the London ones go from the O2? Great for me....

Hi just wanted to ask a question as thinking about coaching from swindon to glasto but the only coach on Wednesday arrives at 2.30, is there a special route that coaches take to avoid traffic? what will entry ques be like(busy at this time or not)? And how busy will campsites be? (Will everywhere be packed out, or just specific sections, if specific sections which sections? :)) Sorry for so many questions just don't want to try and get tickets, get them and then get to Glastonbury and be at a bottom of a hill next to some loos miles away from where I'd like to be.

No, there are no special routes for coaches, but traffic tends to move fairly quickly on Wednesday afternoon. You will find some of the most popular areas full by that time, but theres plenty of space for everyone so no need to worry.

Hi just wanted to ask a question as thinking about coaching from swindon to glasto but the only coach on Wednesday arrives at 2.30, is there a special route that coaches take to avoid traffic? what will entry ques be like(busy at this time or not)? And how busy will campsites be? (Will everywhere be packed out, or just specific sections, if specific sections which sections? :)) Sorry for so many questions just don't want to try and get tickets, get them and then get to Glastonbury and be at a bottom of a hill next to some loos miles away from where I'd like to be.

As bexj has mentioned there is no special route for Coaches - like everything to do with Glastonbury traffic one thing is very clear - until the actual day its impossible to predict anything as a broken down car or a traffic accident in the wrong place can screw up the whole situation - in 2009 there was a massive traffic jam although only the people who were caught up in it were aware there was a problem and I am sure that cars travelling in other directions ended up getting in quicker - people who were stuck ended up being held up between four to eight hours in the evening - its just one of those things and unless you have your own private helicopter cant be avoided - our staff coach was stuck in it due to the driver taking a wrong turn { and he was unable to turn around - it should have only added a few minuets to the journey time but he kept driving unaware the main road ahead was completely blocked } - if it was not for our bags we would have been quicker just walking to it - passengers had time to get off have a meal in a Pub and a drink and when they walked back to the Coach it had moved only 30 feet - we never did find out what had caused the problem - One Big problem was the driver was out of hours { due to the hold up } so we had to pull over and park so this delayed us further and if we had been delayed any longer he was due a second break but lucky enough the traffic started moving again but still it was a Nightmare Journey - it was because there was three Staff Coaches { all coming from various directions } caught up in it why the WBC changed the date the Staff Coaches travel { ever since then our Coaches arrive on the Tuesday afternoon }
---------
A big thank you to all the resident's who live on the A361 as amazingly they opened their doors and were allowing complete strangers to use their toilets and there was some who were making people coffee and tea { I am not joking - did not have any myself as I don't drink hot drinks but I do know others who did }
---------
If there is no hold ups and your coach arrives roughly on time then there should be loads of space providing you are not looking for a prime location { as most of them will be snapped up early in the morning and even on the Tuesday night as some people have been seen putting tents up for friends { not connected to us but they have to be crew/Staff/traders }
if I was coming by public transport I would just Camp at the first field { next to Gate A } - sure further to walk to the stages but less of a walk back to the Coach pick up point - in fact I have camped there as it used to be Crew Camping in 2008 and it was further to walk as we had to enter via the VIP/Press entry point but since that area has been made public they have improved the entry/exit track .
if you want to get closer then leave most of your gear at the first lock up - people slow themselves down trying to move everything at the same time so far better just walking with your tent - pitching it and then shifting your gear.

I have got tickets for Leeds on the Wednesday.

The site says :

* Where departure times are not stated, you must be available to travel at any point (AM/PM) during the specific day you have selected.
* All departure times / points will be released to you no later than 30 days prior to the event.
* In order to facilitate a speedy departure from the Festival site, See Coaches reserve the right to board passengers outside of scheduled departure times, should seats be available on alternative services.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#SEECOACHES

Hmmmm hope I get an AM depart from here

http://www.nationalexpress.com/Assets/uploads/pdf/Glastonbury_Timetable.pdf.pdf

Anybody do this last year and know any more info and how to get an AM depart?

Thanks

missed out tonight but went on the national express site and got coach ticket leaving london 12 wed gets to glastonbury approx 3:30 way back monday 8:30 leaves site due back london 12:30 which is the times I wanted for 52 pounds.better get ticket sunday

missed out tonight but went on the national express site and got coach ticket leaving london 12 wed gets to glastonbury approx 3:30 way back monday 8:30 leaves site due back london 12:30 which is the times I wanted for 52 pounds.better get ticket sunday

well don't depend on getting back at that claimed time - although our Crew Coach in 2013 and 2014 departed at 7am we were held up due to problems near Stonehenge and this caused a huge traffic jam and it took us four hours just to get close to Stonehenge on each occasion.
we loaded near our crew campsite so there was not thousands of people all trying to get on the coach so I have to wonder if your coach will be able to depart at the claimed time.
it may all look fine on paper but in practice its a different story .
hope you get your tickets.

queue.jpg

queue2.jpg

They are See Ticket coaches, nothing to do with National Express.

Thank you that's twice these two have been confused in this thread.

Coach packages consist of an entrance ticket and a coach ticket and the coaches are run by Seetickets

National Express run coaches to the site for those with an entrance ticket only

Edited by storm

Travelling from glasgow to manchester for a coach, does anyone have any idea what time the coaches might leave manchester, on the Thursday?

No real idea sorry, but I'd say they must leave early enough otherwise you'd miss most of Thursday along with all of Wednesday.

Travelling from glasgow to manchester for a coach, does anyone have any idea what time the coaches might leave manchester, on the Thursday?

These were this years times so should give you a good idea, looking at these it may be wise to stay overnight on Wednesday! :)

http://www.gigwise.com/news/89415/coach-times-for-glastonbury-announced---have-you-booked

We travelled from Leeds last year with Seecoaches on the Wednesday, we didn't find out what time the coach was leaving till a couple of weeks before, fortunately it was the 7.15 bus, didnt actually set off till 8 though. As for coming back, the buses pulled up at the same time and it was a bit of a free for all getting on. That said we tried again this year but failed but got lucky on Sunday, booked National Express coaches leaving Leeds at 2.30 in the Wednesday morning and returning at the same time Monday morning so a bit of sleep will be caught up on at least.

We travelled from Leeds last year with Seecoaches on the Wednesday, we didn't find out what time the coach was leaving till a couple of weeks before, fortunately it was the 7.15 bus, didnt actually set off till 8 though. As for coming back, the buses pulled up at the same time and it was a bit of a free for all getting on. That said we tried again this year but failed but got lucky on Sunday, booked National Express coaches leaving Leeds at 2.30 in the Wednesday morning and returning at the same time Monday morning so a bit of sleep will be caught up on at least.

im going from Leeds this year, roughly how long did it take you to get down??

We got to the site for about 2pm so it was about 6 hours all in all with a stop off on M42 just before the M5, it wasn't bad at all.