Off site camping

Guest butterflyruth

Hi

I realise this thread will upset the glastonbury purists but....

I'm looking for advice on off site camping options at next year's glastonbury (if I get tickets!). Whilst I love camping I also like sleep and a hot shower and the lack of these for 5 days puts me off camping on site so I'm looking for recommendations for off site camping like worthy view but also more luxury options - pop up hotel, the yurt company, land and sky?

I'm willing to pay if it's worth it (its my 30th next year so why the hell not!) But my question is are any of these places worth it also are the distances to walk too much?

Any advice appreciated (even if you just want to tell me to man up and join everyone else!)

Your best bet is to hire a mobile home/campervan/caravan that are delivered to the site,they are the closest to the action and very civilised,although the posh options look nice for the money they are charging I would want to spend as much time as possible at them which kind of defeats the whole point of going to Glastonbury but if monies no option then what the hell,at least you're guaranteed a ticket with camp Kerala or the like...http://www.campkerala.com/

We stayed at Tangerine Fields last year. It was really good with ample loos and showers though at peak times you had to queue 45 minutes for a shower. We only bothered twice.

It is not far off site, 5 minutes from gate B - but once on site you walk down Muddy Lane and then right towards the Pyramid.

All in all 20 minutes if the weather is good.

Pros:

Tent set up for you

Nice showers and loos

Quieter than main site

Cons:

You don't pop back for a 10 minute rest, once on site that is where you stay

Furthest away from late night stuff there is

Very expensive bar and food stall

Long daily walks

This year we will either try Worthy View or take friends up on a kind offer!!

Hi

I realise this thread will upset the glastonbury purists but....

I'm looking for advice on off site camping options at next year's glastonbury (if I get tickets!). Whilst I love camping I also like sleep and a hot shower and the lack of these for 5 days puts me off camping on site so I'm looking for recommendations for off site camping like worthy view but also more luxury options - pop up hotel, the yurt company, land and sky?

I'm willing to pay if it's worth it (its my 30th next year so why the hell not!) But my question is are any of these places worth it also are the distances to walk too much?

Any advice appreciated (even if you just want to tell me to man up and join everyone else!)

The Love Fields which are very close to Gates B & C may be a good alternative for you. They allow you to take your own tent/campervan or caravan. :)

http://thelovefields.com/dev/thp.php?load=yurtco.thp&page=pitch.html

The Love Fields which are very close to Gates B & C may be a good alternative for you. They allow you to take your own tent/campervan or caravan. :)

http://thelovefields.com/dev/thp.php?load=yurtco.thp&page=pitch.html

I didn't know about this place,seems a better option than Worthy view,no killer of a walk.

I shall be passing this info on to friends,cheers.

I bet it sells out pretty fast though,or at least it will now. :)

I didn't know about this place,seems a better option than Worthy view,no killer of a walk.

I shall be passing this info on to friends,cheers.

I bet it sells out pretty fast though,or at least it will now. :)

I found out about them as as I was running the " 2014 campervan ticket those in need" thread, quite a few booked themselves in and fairly close to the start of the festival. Were previously know as The Yurt Fields maybe...... There is some feedback in this post http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/184029-2014-campervan-tickets-those-in-need/?p=4434038 :)

I've stayed off site since 2009. My wife refused to come without the option of a shower following on from a few years on site. This combined with not being able to get there for the gates opening meant that the pre pitched tent was worth saving for.

I've used Praxis Tents, Myhab (both Pre Worth View) Tangerine Fields, The Yurt company and Worth View!

A quick run down:

The Yurt Company(2013) was great, lots of room around the Bell Tent, car park was very close to the tents, catering was good and loo's and showers worked well. It is however a long way back from the festival site so you can't really go back in the day. It was a little pricey but if you want to spend the money then that is a good option. I felt that this year it was too much money.

Tangerine Fields (2011) was a good setup, a little bit closer and the carpark was OK when we used it. Showers got very busy from Friday onwards so wasn't really worth that extra part. As i spend lots of time around the Park and Green Fields it was just too far away. From the Park the walk back at the end of the night (against the crowds) is a killer!

Worth View site (2009, 2010, 2014) First two time it was great. Small very close to the car, not too many people and a pre pitched tent. Showers were good in both years. This year we stayed at worth view and I'll never go back!

It's gotten to be far too large, there are at least 2-3 thousand people too many. Car parking is still a plus but the showers and loos were impossible to use due to sheer numbers. The catering was limited, always had a queue and was expensive.

The walk back was even worse than I remember and harder because of the mud (which wasn't that bad)

I won't consider using Worth View again, for me it just wasn't value for money this year.

If I'm blessed in 2015 I think I'm back to being on site as I'm going with my daughter and not my wife.

The option of being able to go back the tent for a chill in the day is so needed.

Hope this helps

If you want more detail just ask!

• 2 weeks later...