Metallica to release every live date of 2014 on CD

Guest 5co77ie

Only 4 shows being pressed on 180gm vinyl. By way of fan vote. Glasto way behind.

Vote here!

Question. Is this the first Glasto headliner to potentially have the entire show committed to vinyl?

I went to vote (to be Glasto-helpful) but could not as the voting page needed me to be logged into FB and it also stated (quite correcty) that I don't like Metallica on FB.

TBH I don't really like Metallica in real life either. - Although I did meet them this year. More of a Maiden / GnR man.

Only 4 shows being pressed on 180gm vinyl. By way of fan vote. Glasto way behind.

Vote here!

Question. Is this the first Glasto headliner to potentially have the entire show committed to vinyl?

We need to make this happen!! How awesome would be that?!

They are decent recordings to, they gave me a free code for one mp3 when I brought my Glastalica t-shirt online and I got For Whom The Bell Tolls!

Not sure about buying 27 albums, can you not buy them individually I wouldn't mind the full Glastonbury one (I don't really "buy" whole albums as mp3s just feels wrong to me :P)

I think everyone should vote. Could start a precedent for future and even previous Glasto shows if successful.

Bowie/Radiohead/Macca/Stevie etc pressed on lovely vinyl? Or at least mastered in digital form and preserved in high quality forever.

Even if you're not a Metallica fan, get voting! A few 1000 will do!

Actually, even if you're a Scot, this is the most important thing you will vote on today.

Edited by The Nal

I love looking down that list you see State Prison Open Air, a bunch of Sonisphere Festivals, Heavy Montreal and Rock Wercheter and then Glastonbury Festival at Worthy Farm. Seems so out of place but in a healthy and refreshing sorta way. Istanbul must have a pretty solid Metallica following. Or is just the fact that it's Europe's most populous city.

I hear Mark E Smith has cast his vote....

“The Fall aren’t really a festival band,” he says. “We’re a city group, and we prefer to perform in cities. Festivals have become totally over-priced; they’re all about charging 900 quid a ticket so these rich parents can send Jemima and Tarquin for a nice weekend away. I watched a bit of Glastonbury on BBC for the first time in my life this year – I literally forced myself to watch five minutes of Metallica without vomiting.

From this.... http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/falls-mark-e-smith-really-7779883