Galtres Festival destroy Traders Lives

adamscae

https://www.facebook.com/galtresfestival.org.uk?fref=nf

It is with great sadness that we inform you that Parklands Festival 2015 will not take place. Advance ticket sales have not met projections, and we cannot proceed without certainty that all event costs will be met.

so no surprises there 

Edited by outtolunch

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can I say ? KARMAS a bitch and as far as I'm concerned the public have got the measure of James Houston and all his spin !

They've no trust in him or his organisation !

People may say we've shot ourselves in foot with all bad publicity we put out there but all us traders knew there was no chance of ever getting money back from the event

The cancellation of the festival has just been on the local BBC news (Newcastle) and I thought of this thread.

I can only hope that in all this sorry mess THIS time the losses fall where they are deserved and that this organisation/organiser is never in a position to run this scam again.

Best wishes to the out of pocket traders.

There's now a post on the 'secret' Galtres Facebook page saying they're going to try and run it again this year - apparently the feedback after cancellation was that a lot were going to buy tickets 'soon' so they're doing a 48 hour sale to try and hit target to run. Talk about messing traders, bands and punters about. A bit of a ridiculous mess. Watching outcome with interest....

There's now a post on the 'secret' Galtres Facebook page saying they're going to try and run it again this year - apparently the feedback after cancellation was that a lot were going to buy tickets 'soon' so they're doing a 48 hour sale to try and hit target to run. Talk about messing traders, bands and punters about. A bit of a ridiculous mess. Watching outcome with interest....

Jesus...you'd probably be better off just setting fire to your money! At the very least you probably wouldn't get the booking fee back 'if' it doesn't ahead.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1) 138 creditors claimed a total of £423,138,33.  That's just over £3,000 per claim if you include the biggest claimants.

2) GUESS WHO MADE THE BIGGEST CLAIMS??

i) Galtres Festival Charitable Foundation = £90,000.00
ii) James Houston = £47,739.20

James Houston is the main trustee of the Galtres Festival Charitable Foundation.

3) James Houston bought the website and a laptop (valued at £400)  from the liquidators. He paid just over £4,000 for them.  Ownership was then transferred to the new Parklands Trading co.

4) Claims not only came from traders (victims of the "cashless system" in 2014) but also well established breweries, many small claims from self-employed individuals who worked at the festival and also service providers such as PA Hire and ambulance/first aid crew.

The final creditors meeting took place on 17th December 2015.  The final striking off order is due to be made in March 2016.

Edited by JosefS
Dont want emoticon

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2016 at 2:04 AM, JosefS said:

1) 138 creditors claimed a total of £423,138,33.  That's just over £3,000 per claim if you include the biggest claimants.

2) GUESS WHO MADE THE BIGGEST CLAIMS??

i) Galtres Festival Charitable Foundation = £90,000.00
ii) James Houston = £47,739.20

James Houston is the main trustee of the Galtres Festival Charitable Foundation.

3) James Houston bought the website and a laptop (valued at £400)  from the liquidators. He paid just over £4,000 for them.  Ownership was then transferred to the new Parklands Trading co.

4) Claims not only came from traders (victims of the "cashless system" in 2014) but also well established breweries, many small claims from self-employed individuals who worked at the festival and also service providers such as PA Hire and ambulance/first aid crew.

The final creditors meeting took place on 17th December 2015.  The final striking off order is due to be made in March 2016.

http://docdro.id/ROY5xbP

On 02/01/2016 at 2:04 AM, JosefS said:

document(3).pdf

On 25/01/2016 at 7:55 AM, eFestivals said:

I love that the website is supposedly worth £14k. Who the feck would think it was worth that? :lol:

Well he certainly didn't fool the liquidators, suspicious they soght an independent valuation and concluded:

I considered that the website held no value to any third party as its sole purpose was to promote the Festival.

document(4)-page-004.thumb.jpg.15d10576d

Edited by JosefS

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10 August 2016 at 10:44 PM, Tug life said:

http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk

Just when you thought it was over. Like the the inbred nutter in an x rated film from the Furness peninsula, it just refuses to die.

Would appear to be an invitation to out of pocket traders to a bank hol shindig. They've certainly "helped out in the past in any way."

Edited by Ringo_Spar