Galtres Festival destroy Traders Lives

adamscae

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It astounds me the fact of us being threatened with legal action for speaking out and letting people know the truth ! How is this morally right ?

Without intending to stick up for James....

Speaking out is fine.

Speaking out with falsehoods is on the same wrong side of morally as anything James might have done.

Keeping within the indisputable means he won't be able to have a successful legal action against anyone.

from the most recent post on facebook

" We'd hoped to have been able to bring you more programme news this week, but there have been delays with contracts etc which are beyond our control "

why am I not surprised, do you think there is a bookmaker anywhere that will take a bet that this festival will not go ahead this year?

But this festival is illegal, set upon stolen money and it shouldn't go ahead under this circumstances. Everybody supporting those thieves (organisers) should be ashamed. It is a shame that is all down to business, as some companies will do anything for a £! Here we are strongly promoting the TRUTH cause organiser James Houston told us the best way to get money back is to keep our mouths shut!

Promoting the TRUTH so other small businesses, performers, bands, comedians… don't get into the same situation! Solidarity to share informations! Because Ignorance is a Bliss!!!! There is so many cool festivals out there with real people, so puppets stay away from Galtres!

Well said pop up Gazebo

Best of it is we are threatened etc for speaking TRUTH ! The fact that trustees James Houstons own father etc got paid back their loans on 24th August stinks !

This was the last day of the festival so how does that look ? The festival wouldn't of gone ahead apparently without these loans and they were loaned out on promise of being paid back during festival !!!

Would of been better all around imo if festival hadnt of gone ahead !

And also these people knew what they were doing borrowing money to JH didn't they ? What choice did we have in having our takings kept to pay bills and debts ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could be interesting to follow this. Private eye don't tend to worry too much about such threats

That's not true at all. They're exceedingly careful to ensure that thy don't step into the libellous.

Which of course means that everything they print is likely to be spot on. It's actually unusual for them to be successfully sued.

Well I think James houston has surpassed himself now the latest announcement on the website is called setting the record straight ! And it's his version of what's happened !

Oh and I've been told my behaviour is appalling !

This whole thing is so depressing....i feel for the peoples who are owed money.

Yeah, totally agree. Been following this thread as a punter. Really feel for the guys who are owed money. I'd certainly avoid any festival associated to this one. Ridiculous situation.