Photos from the Farm : 12th September 2014

Guest StevieMcK

The sites looking healthy :) , lets hope for a mild winter so the ground is nice a firm for next summer.

I fink I'm right in saying that a cold winter is better for drainage? The frost breaks up compacted soil and will therefore drain better.

Didn't know the ship thingy was a permanent fixture? Or is it a moveable delight?

Agree though the site is looking really pretty. Is the next fallow year 2017?

We were down there last week as well. I was also surprised that there are a few permanent features around aside from the Pyramid and Stone Circle.

There is the ship as photographed by pilton digger.

There seemed to be 2 permanent structures in the kids field, although we didn't go over that side of the site.

The tower at Williams Green is there, albeit without the big circular thingy at the top.

There is also a tree top bar still there around the where the Glade / Spirit of 71 stuff is.

The tunnel was full of chairs and tables and various sundries - quite funny.

But the site looks great and I'm already looking forward to next year (Ticket day permitting).

The dragon is not far from the Stone Circle - if you turn immediately left from it (looking towards it) and head towards the edge of the field, you should come across it.

What surprised me the most was the huge farm that is inside the site but completely unseen by all the fencing during festival time. Its around the back of the Gully area - and its huge, with many many solar panels and farm buildings.

Edited by Nickyboy

I was lucky enough to be down in the area for a work event last week, so I gave the festival office a call and went for a wander around the site.

joFeL9P.jpg

WThzu9P.jpg

RA57waK.jpg

There are more in this gallery, along with a few panaoramas

I forget about the little green pointy upy stick thing until i see a post like this. Top post

The dragon is failry well hidden, unless you get told the location you are unlikely to stumble across it.

It is the first time I've ever stumbled across it. To be honest, I'm glad I found it in the middle of the day, rather than at 4am one morning when I'm slightly worse for wear after a night in the Naughty Corner! :wacko:

I had to read "the little green pointy upy stick thing" and look at the pictures several times before I thought WTF does SW mean?! :banghead:

Which picture?

Is that the Greenpeace > Green Futures railway embankment tunnel as well? Looks different somehow.... I know there is another somewhere, further SE along the line I believe...