Acts Touring Around Glastonbury Time 2015

Gnomicide

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there was chat of a "4th headliner" a few years back and along with this co-headlining option above it smacks of rubbish to me. For me its clear cut. If you are the last to play the Pyramid on a given night then you are the headliner. Play anything below that and you are not

Indeed, we all called bullshit on the idea back then. R+L can have joint headliners. Vegas residencies can have joint headliners. Glastonbury Festival cannot.

I seem to remember seeing a Pyramid stage crew tshirt at some point, which had Dolly Parton listed on the back along with the 3 headliners - so seems she was treated as a 4th headliner to an extent.

Plus she had her full set shown live on BBC2 - like a headliner.

Until they put it on for a fourth night, there are only three Pyramid stage headliners.

Yeah she was 4th along on the big poster (not the Donwood one).

Anyway back on topic rather than who people want to tour around Glasto 2015 :P I believe Belle and Sebastian are playing ATP Iceland the week after the festival. Though they always seem to be touring around the time but still it would be nice.

yes. long overdue. Park headliner? or are they too big for that? if they are, then a decent slot on Other

The Moody Blue tour finishes 25th June...

http://www.moodybluestoday.com/tour/

Lord help us. Speaking of which, Marron 5's tour finishes June 17th by which time they'll have already been in the UK so we've probably dodged a bullet there and 5 Seconds of Summer (this summer's hottest ticket pop pickers!) finish theirs on June 14th.

I seem to remember seeing a Pyramid stage crew tshirt at some point, which had Dolly Parton listed on the back along with the 3 headliners - so seems she was treated as a 4th headliner to an extent.

Plus she had her full set shown live on BBC2 - like a headliner.

She was just treated like a big popular act that was playing on the Sunday afternoon. She can not be a headliner for the patently obvious reasons already outlined above. By your "t-shirt" logic we can call Paolo Nutini a 4th Headliner on the other stage for 2014.

Further to this not all headline sets are shown in full on the BBC and her set was only just over an hour long, which is very unlike actual headliners who will do on average near the 2 hour mark (anything from 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours 30mins in the case of Bruce)

She was just treated like a big popular act that was playing on the Sunday afternoon. She can not be a headliner for the patently obvious reasons already outlined above. By your "t-shirt" logic we can call Paolo Nutini a 4th Headliner on the other stage for 2014.

Further to this not all headline sets are shown in full on the BBC and her set was only just over an hour long, which is very unlike actual headliners who will do on average near the 2 hour mark (anything from 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours 30mins in the case of Bruce)

Why - did the Other stage have crew tshirts (listing the headliners) with Paulo on there as well? If so, fair enough - just thought I'd mention it.

Also I didn't say she was a headliner - just that the festival clearly bigged her up more than any other recent non-headliner.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting idea that. Don't know if he would need an audience that stays in place for the duration, rather than one that ebbs and flows like a typical festival crowd. I'd definitely try to catch him though.

Yeah... I thought the same thing. Do they ever have shows where the audience is "locked in" so to speak?

I've only ever seen his stuff on TV and the 'big reveal' is often stuff linked to the earlier part of the show.