Staying in a B&B during the festival - tips please

Guest sunnydaysblue

Hi

This year we camped on the Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday nights and were in a Premier Inn 25 minutes away for the rest. It was a nice mix but we (if we are successful) will next year look at B&Bs a walking or at least short taxi ride away from the festival. Could anyone recommend any that are not stupidly expensive? One hotel has stated they want the whole cost upfront and no refund at all which seems very unfair. Also how quickly do B&Bs close by tend to book up after ticket day?

The BBC have a long running deal which fills all the nearest B&Bs. I'd be amazed if you could get one within reasonable taxi distance.

Have you thought of renting a caravan and having it in the campervan field? If you need help with the renting I know four different people that will have available caravans. They mainly supply crew but I'm sure they would deliver to ticket holders as well. Range from skanky super low budget to fairly flash. PM me if interested. (I have no financial interest in this, although would appreciate a pint of ale from both parties eventually if anything were to come of it, :) )

Hi

This year we camped on the Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday nights and were in a Premier Inn 25 minutes away for the rest. It was a nice mix but we (if we are successful) will next year look at B&Bs a walking or at least short taxi ride away from the festival. Could anyone recommend any that are not stupidly expensive? One hotel has stated they want the whole cost upfront and no refund at all which seems very unfair. Also how quickly do B&Bs close by tend to book up after ticket day?

I stayed in the Premier Inn at Glastonbury last year on the Monday after the festival. It had newly opened and they said that the BBC had rented the whole place for their staff up to and including the Sunday. Not sure if some of the staff were still booked in there this year as well as the B & B's that Sawdust Surfer mentioned. From my heart I can say that it's not the type of place to go back to. Ever. Not even the application of alcohol and some 'inherited' mushrooms could salvage it away from the air of cataclysmic banality.

He's right. Just think of all those bonus weekends away you'd have when you'd normally be at home.

I've got a campervan now, but haven't been in a position to take it to Glastonbury so far. As I'm not going there next year that experience will have to wait. Here's a photo of our ever so discreet campervan;

$%28KGrHqV,%21okFGpRWW0GLBR0q1NhPqw~~48_

If you are wondering - yes that is a whole load of people raving with their hands in the air, as laser beams criss cross above them. I'm going for the double bluff with the police. I'm hoping they'll think to themselves ' there's no way somebody's that fucking stupid'!

I've got a campervan now, but haven't been in a position to take it to Glastonbury so far. As I'm not going there next year that experience will have to wait. Here's a photo of our ever so discreet campervan;

If you are wondering - yes that is a whole load of people raving with their hands in the air, as laser beams criss cross above them. I'm going for the double bluff with the police. I'm hoping they'll think to themselves ' there's no way somebody's that fucking stupid'!

:sarcastic: Does that copper who posts on here read the forum throughout the year?

That is a awesome paint job Yoghurt :)!!

Can I be so bold to ask sunnydaysblue, why do u alternate and not stay onsite the whole duration?

I would say, that if u can afford to go off site as you do, hire a caravan or even a motorhome as Sawdust said. Luxury, full cooking facilities, shower etc

:sarcastic: Does that copper who posts on here read the forum throughout the year?

He probably does. I've had some very nice private chats with him via the PM service on this site. He's one of the good guys from what I can make out. It doesn't matter anyway as I've always been a little curious as to what it would feel like to get put inside. I don't suppose it's much different than waking up in a police station cell, and I've done that a fair few times. The last time was when I asked a taxi driver to take me home and stop off at a nearby cash point to my home so that I could get cash out to pay him. He pulled in, I reached for my wallet and realised it was not there. I explained this to the taxi driver and he went a bit mental. There just so happened to be two coppers crossing the road, having been to the chip shop opposite the bank. The taxi driver flashed his lights at them to call them over. They duly obliged by opening each side of the taxi back doors. I was that pissed, and pissed off at losing, or having had stolen, my wallet, that I turned around to them and said ' well, you two can go and fuck yourselves too' or something similar. I can now tell you with some authority that the police don't like to be told to fuck off. Net result - another night in an increasingly familiar cell.

Think getting a b&b within walking distance or short taxi ride of the site might be tricky, but go a few miles outside the festival site and availability is much easier. General tourists think the area will be busy so don't book holidays during the festival week

Try near Glastonbury town and Shepton Mallett as shuttle buses run from there which make getting on site dead easy

The BBC have a long running deal which fills all the nearest B&Bs. I'd be amazed if you could get one within reasonable taxi distance.

Have you thought of renting a caravan and having it in the campervan field? If you need help with the renting I know four different people that will have available caravans. They mainly supply crew but I'm sure they would deliver to ticket holders as well. Range from skanky super low budget to fairly flash. PM me if interested. (I have no financial interest in this, although would appreciate a pint of ale from both parties eventually if anything were to come of it, :) )

I'm interested in your caravan contacts :-) tried to PM you but it wouldn't work, can you PM me?

your posts frequently make me smile YoG now your camper van does too... Is that painted or vinyl? Brilliant though!