ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope so. I also think we don't have to wait so long because VOLT Festival has made the first announcement and usually when VOLT, Balaton Sound or Sziget make an announcement the other 2 festivals make their announcement the week after. So let's hope next announcement is Sziget and not Balaton Sound (even if I'm also going to Balaton Sound again, so I'm waiting for that lineup too) :D

Edited by ilbeyene

You can still buy a VIP Camping upgrade, but be aware that VIP Camping and VIP area are not the same. A VIP Camping upgrade gives access to the VIP Camping only, not to the VIP area next to Main Stage. Access to the VIP area next to Main Stage normally is never for sale, but this year it was an exclusive gift during the first 24 hours of ticket sales.

The thing with Sziget is that it doesn't sell out (not before july at least, and day tickets still remain) so they can start selling whenever they want!

Another thing: Sziget isn't very much dependant on the lineup (less than other festivals) because of the dozens of other non-musical activities.

Finally: There's no festival in august that has announced any band... Pukkelpop, Lowlands, R&L, Rock en Seine. So Sziget isn't late (but we will have some names in december i think).

You won't regret it ;)

@weird science as Noeliam said Sziget isn't all about music. Sziget is mainly about atmosphere and mood. I just don't look at the lineup anymore, I just go. It's the best place in the world. Next summer will be my 7th Sziget in a row. And it doesn't sell out easy also because the festival area is huge and it lasts 7 full days. I think it's like 3 times and more the Pukkelpop area. :)

Having said that, I'm hoping for great names as well, obviously.

Edited by ilbeyene

When I came back to Lebanon I tried to explain Sziget to my friends but couldn't... it's special!

Speaking of acts, i don't have good feeling, especially about headliners. Last year, the "current band" that people have to see that particular summer where (for me) Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. They didn't come because they weren't in Europe in august... because they were there in june-july.

It's happening again. A lot of festivals have already announced some bands and for me the actual "current bands" are Muse (as they will have an album out and they are already huge) and they are announced in Europe from end of may to 18 of july (for now) and Foo Fighters (in Europe in june, in the US the 4th of july and the 29th of august so don't think they'll be there. Instead of that, we will have Linkin Park, a band I really like but that isn't as relevant as Muse NOW.

Glastonbury, Werchter, Pinkpop, Rock am Ring/Im Park and the new german festivals are all in june and drained these band. It's more interesting for them to be there both financially and because these festivals are bigger than the ones in august (Sziget, Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Frequency, R&L, Rock en Seine). and this year is worse because Pukkelpop and Lowlands were on the same week-end as Sziget but now they play 1 week later...

Anyway, I won't mind if the headliners are not huge but I can do with Linkin Park/Mumfords and Sons if the subs are good (Noel Gallagher, Alt-J...).

Reading and Leeds should announce the first names on the first week of december.

I'd love tu see Muse but I doubt that Sziget will bring them (because they are touring Europe in june-august... what could they do?)

But this fact didn't change my mind about going to Werchter or Downloads instead of Sziget. It's that special!

I wouldn't be that optimistic about the 7 headliners thing! This year's Blink was special because they could'nt have booked them for another day! Also, R&L has been pushed 1 week later than last year, and finally if it happens like 2013 we're gonna have big acts being bumped as headliners (like Mika because they hadn't no choice).

The only festivals we could 100% relate on are Rock'n Heim in Germany and Way Out West in Sweden.

We can also be sure that the ones that will be announced for Volt, Balaton and B my Lake won't be there (starting with Motorhead).

But yeah i'll definitely be following the Reading&Leeds thread tonight ;)