ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me doing 007 James Bond: a few minutes ago in a Facebook post of sziget Italia a guy said something like "if you get Kings of Leon I'll cum" and sziget Italia answered "let's talk about who already is in the lineup :) "

Already.

Just saying. Maybe they're workin on it. Maybe not. Sure I'm wrong.

Edit: comment about kings of Leon been removed.

Edited by Diocane

They've said Foals are afternoon so I guess Interpol, with maybe a DJ after them, maybe not.

I'm more than happy with Interpol headlining, even though I think it's a terrible choice for Sziget given the rest of the line up. The main stage that day with Foals, Interpol and The Maccabees is good all round. Pity there's literally nothing else for me on the main stage yet unless Kasabian rock up and play their first album in full, which I strongly doubt. I guess Alt-J are decent enough.

Foals are in the afternoon?

SHIT.

*Runs off the book a flight from Prague rather than relying on the trains*

Wednesday 12th of August

16.45-18.00: Antwerp Gipsy-Ska Orkestra (BE)

18.15-19.30: DakhaBrakha (UA)

19.45-21.00: Che Sudaka (ES)

21.15-22.30: Boban i Marko Markovic Orkestar (SRB)

23.15-00.30: Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino (IT)

00.30-04.00: GypsySoundSystem (CH)

Thursday 13th of August

16.45-18.00: Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble (BEN-FI)

18.15-19.30: Parno Graszt (HU)

19.45-21.00: Roy Paci & Aretuska Allstars (IT)

21.15-22.30: LaBrassBanda (DE)

23.15-00.30: Taraf de Haidouks (RO)

00.30-04:00: DJ Borzin (FI)

Friday 14th of August

16.45-18.00: La Chiva Gantiva (CO)

18.15-19.30: Szalonna és Bandája (HU)

19.45-21.00: Imam Baildi (GR)

21.15-22.30: Mariza (PT)

23.15-00.30: Besh o droM (HU)

00.30-04:00: DJ Luca Vaga (DE)

Saturday 15th of August

16.45-18.00: The Egyptian Project (EG-FR)

18.15-19.30: Noura Mint Seymali (MTN)

19.45-21.00: LB 27 (HU)

21.15-22.30: Goran Bregovic Wedding And Funeral Band (SRB)

23.15-00.30: Romengo (HU)

00.30-04:00: DJ Lord Sassafras (ES)

Sunday 16th of August

16.45-18.00: She-Koyokh (UK)

18.15-19.30: HK & Les Saltimbanks (FR)

19.45-21.00: Dhoad Gypsies Of Rajasthan (IN)

21.15-22.30: Pannonia Allstars Ska Orchestra (HU)

23.15-00.30: Söndörg? (HU)

World Music Stage! Anything you would recommend?

Hey Guys!

Thinking of buying tickets to Sziget! Will just be me and my friend (both 23)!

I'm from England, was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to travelling, how much money to take with us, anything else useful!

Not been to a festival out of the UK before so no idea of prices for anything and I'm pretty hopeless at travelling let alone navigating my way around Budapest!

Thank you! :D

Hey Guys!

I'm from England, was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to travelling, how much money to take with us, anything else useful!

Not been to a festival out of the UK before so no idea of prices for anything and I'm pretty hopeless at travelling let alone navigating my way around Budapest!

The city itself is dirt cheap as they don't use the Euro. Even the festival food/drink is cheap compared to other festival prices.

Get a CityPass (when they're available) which gives you free public transport on the trams, buses & metro. Cabs are quite expensive in comparison. There is a bus that takes you from the airport to the festival entrance so you will struggle to get yourself lost!

Overall I'd say spending money for a weekend at a UK festival compares with a week at Sziget!

The city itself is dirt cheap as they don't use the Euro. Even the festival food/drink is cheap compared to other festival prices.

Get a CityPass (when they're available) which gives you free public transport on the trams, buses & metro. Cabs are quite expensive in comparison. There is a bus that takes you from the airport to the festival entrance so you will struggle to get yourself lost!

Overall I'd say spending money for a weekend at a UK festival compares with a week at Sziget!

Thank you! I have been reading around about how cheap it is out there and was thinking about getting a CityPass so will definitely do that!

Hey Guys!

Depending on where you're coming from in the UK, the flight prices may be a bit costly. We're from Liverpool and flying from Manchester and a return flight is now £260+ which is obviously a lot. We found out that the outbound flight was only about £100 and the cost was in the return flight, so we're now going to Berlin for two days after the festival. However, the cheapest option is to get the train to Bratislava and fly back from there (the train is around £20 and the flight is only about £50) if people are looking for other options.

A pint in Budapest (as long as you're sensible enough to have a quick look) is about £1 and at the festival it's £1.60 which is obviously dirt cheap compared to UK prices. Accommodation is also pretty reasonable. Our entire trip (fly out to Budapest Tuesday, fly to Berlin Monday, fly back home Wednesday) including tickets and accommodation came to under £500 and we'll spend maybe another £300 in total when there. A day at the festival including plenty of drink can be done for £20-30 comfortably as long as you avoid spirits (I don't mean wine by that, wine is pretty reasonably priced). You could easily have a night out in Budapest including food and drink for as little as £10 as long as you avoid the expensive areas too.

I'd stress you could definitely do Sziget cheaper than we are if you budgeted, but we like our pints cold, a bed and air con at night and I really wanted to get to Berlin this summer as I haven't been this year (or ever in the summer) and it's my favourite city.

Budapest itself is easy to get around as long as you do a minimal amount of research in to the tram system before you get there, though if I remember correctly it took us a while to find the ferry to the festival the first time we looked. Alternatively there's a train up to the festival which is easier to find but involves more of a walk. I'd definitely note how to find the train though because the ferry stops after a certain time (this applies moreso if you're not planning to camp).

The weather is hot. A jumper isn't really a required item of clothing, even at night. The food at the festival is the best I've come across at a festival in terms choice, in the top three taste wise and amongst the cheapest too (shout out to the Gyros stalls selling small chicken kebabs for £2 each).

Edited by edfirth

For all we know, Robbie, Florence, Avicii, Kasabian and Martin Garrix are headliner. But Avicii could well play after Kasabian, Florence could have an "opening act" after her and we can still have a (small) headliner before Martin Garrix.

And there's the possibility of Ellie Goulding and/or Interpol/Foals.

For all we know, Robbie, Florence, Avicii, Kasabian and Martin Garrix are headliner. But Avicii could well play after Kasabian, Florence could have an "opening act" after her and we can still have a (small) headliner before Martin Garrix.

And there's the possibility of Ellie Goulding and/or Interpol/Foals.

Robbie and Florence are confirmed, as is Garrix, so that's three of the seven days boxed off. They've already said Foals aren't headlining, I think that day will be headlined by Alt-J and then before them Interpol > Foals. Avicii will headline a day so that's five confirmed. Kasabian I don't think are headlining based on comments from John Doe on Sziget News. That leaves two headliners TBA. My bets are The Libertines and Kings of Leon based on their tours and previous headliners at Sziget.

Edited by edfirth

Kasabian is definitely headlining but might get a DJ after them (Outkast, Placebo and QOTSA all had a DJ after them last year and are headlining bands). Kasabian will never play less than the 19h30 spot on the main stage. And I hope they will headline.

Robbie headlining alone. Florence headlining with electric "opening party act" after her (major lazer or Chemicals IMO). Avicii closing a day but probably with a "co-headliner" before him (limp bizkit, Ellie or alt j could do it). Kasabian headlining (with or without electric act after them). Martin Garrix closing last day with an headliner before him. Interpol will never be near the headline slot in this life IMO. Think we have to wait for 3 headliners and one or two closing acts.

Think is Paolo Nutini, offspring and someone between KoL and LP. If the last headliner of Glasto is a (super) special guest (like it seems to be) it will be their exclusive I'm afraid.

Oh yeah Muse are also free.

Edited by Diocane

Yeah, probably the worst headliner of all times, but to be honest we have to say that Mika played arenas. I personally wouldn't be able to listen to more than 2 minutes of his show but at the time he had a fanbase bigger than Interpol's and anyway he's more known. I like them but they would sub even in a medium festival

With all due respect, NOS and Sziget aren't in the same league. But you're right, that doesn't mean anything. I think that they won't headline but they could still give us a strong trio (Foals-Alt-J-Interpol) therefore the headliner could be considered weak (in that case Alt-J would headline right?).

Hey lads,

8 of us from Dublin just booked our VIP tickets for Sziget 2015!

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on the best way of travelling over to the festival?

We were looking at direct flights to Budapest, quite pricey but might just have to pay for them

Has anyone flown to Bratislava and gotten the train up? seems bit cheaper

Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed :giverose:

Much love

Hey lads,

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on the best way of travelling over to the festival?

We were looking at direct flights to Budapest, quite pricey but might just have to pay for them

Much love

Hi

I looked at flying into Bratislava for the same reason. i did some research and it seems quite a lot of people do this to save money, seems quite easy too with a train transfer between the two places.

i guess its money Vs time / convience. i decided i couldnt be arsed so just payed the extra ££ and am flying from Heathrow :)

Edited by doobie ninja

Hey lads,

Much love

We're flying to Vienna, staying in a hostel overnight and then getting the high speed train down to Budapest. Worked out pretty cheap.