ilbeyene

Sziget 2014 is over and I think it's time to start a new topic for any question, doubt, hope and else for Sziget 2015.

My main expectation for next Sziget is to have Party Arena back. Colosseum is a quite good stage, but we saw it can't be a replacement of a 12.000 people capacity stage like it was the old Arena.

And I'd like to see Foo Fighters or Metallica on the Island of Freedom as the main act and possibly Skrillex back because it was insane!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping yo go to this next year. Looks amazing. Any rough ideas of when tickets will go on sale? And if it is a mad panic like Glastonbury?

Also, a massive yes to both Foo Fighters and Metallica.

Tickets go on sale in October, but there won't be a mad rush - Sziget tickets take ages to 'sell out', but the earlier you buy them the cheaper they are. If you wait for the full lineup to be announced you pay more, basically.

I've always told myself not to go back to a place I've visited even if I liked it because I'm young and I have to travel to other places. But Sziget is special... I went there this summer and it was absolutely fantastic. My phone has been stolen and I wasn't even mad 'cause I was happy all the time. I'm seriously considering going back this year but it will depend on the line-up (for my friends).

I also want Skrillex (and Deadmau5) back but there's not a lot of chance of that happening unfortunately... Skrillex was INSANE!

What "big" band who didn't tour this year will do it next year? I'm thinking about Daft Punk/Coldplay. I also hope they will get back London Grammar and Madeon (they've both cancelled this year) and M83 and Flume which I wanted to see a lot this year!

I'm here to help answering some questions :)

Sziget has a chance of a really good lineup next year as it doesn't clash with anything. Frequency, Pukkelpop, Lowlands all take place the weekend after, so Sziget gets a relatively free run at things.

Could also lead to a problem the American acts not being around to a week later.

Oh and by the way I don't know if I knew about it on the 2014 thread but I've spent the whole week with CAMP UNKNOWN. It's an improvised camp for people who went alone (there were some groups of 2-3 persons). The atmosphere was great, we did some activities together and it's a real good alternative if you are going alone to make some friends (more than 40 new friends from all around the world for me!). In case a friend ditch you or none of your friends can do it it's the perfect place :)

can anyone talk of how the fest is ?

experience etc...

looking for a new festival this summer and it seems pretty good

There's plenty of talk of people's opinions of this year towards the end of the 2014 thread. Have a look over there.

In short though, I thought it was great and well worth experiencing. Well organised, relatively clean with a good mix of unknown and big name bands plus other activities for when there's little of interest going on musically. A great mix of festival goers too that didn't seem over populated with any particular nationality or age group. Food and drink could be better but maybe that's just because I've become used to getting spoilt for choice at Glastonbury.

I'm out next year due to a friends wedding.

Thinkig of doing Pukkelpop instead. Anyone done that?

I went to Pukkelpop in 2013 right after Sziget and I can tell you it's a very very good festival. 8 stages and very good lineup. Obviously is totally different from Sziget. It's almost all about music. Sziget is so much better. At Pukkelpop you'll never find Sziget atmosphere. The music stops at 2 o'clock except for the boiler room that goes on untill 4. Then you have to leave the festival that closes its gates. Campsites are outside and if you are lucky and stay in Campsite A it's not a problem because you just have to cross the road, but if you stay in Campsite B or C it's 30 min walking or you have to take a bus shuttle.

You know what? Pukkelpop is awesome but once you go to Sziget almost every other festivals can't compete on atmosphere, mood, camping, prices, multiculturality, etc...

You can camp anywhere except on the stages and on the road... so absolutely no separation! This year we were behind the Jack Daniels Experience venue and music didn't stop until 6am, then starts again at 11am!!!!! The main stage closes at 11pm but usually the best A38 concert of the day comes after that; then you have a formidable choice between the collosseum, the reggae village, the chill garden... or stay at the A38! i want to go back!!! :(