ilbeyene

Here's my first review of the festival: my best concerts.

https://backpacknstuff.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/sziget-festival-2015-music-12/

If you can't read it all: best concert: Kasabian! music was good, Sergio was amazing, the moshpit was really nice.

Infected Mushroom: If you like moshpit, really good.

Awolnation: the context is important here but the music was really good and there weren't a lot of people.

Foals: great music (spanish sahara one of the highlights!), great live

Alt-J: same: great music and Taro and Matilda were particularly awesome!

Florence: as I was expecting, really good show! I've dreamt of singing Dog Days Are Over at a festival!

Major Lazer: Diplo is fun, I liked the reggae dubstep songs but they remixed too much and often too soon (Get Free). 

Tesco Disco: Hungarian DJ that plays indie songs (foals, arctic monkeys, m83, green day...). Really good time at a smaller stage.

Kings of Leon: Sitting in the back, the atmosphere was different but it was nice to discover it. we went dancing for Use Somebody and Sex On Fire.

I was happy with the music but I understand why some people were unhappy.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second article and last about the music there.

Great reviews! i read your bit on Kasabian and i got goosebumps and started smiling like a crazy person as it just took me back to being stood there having the time of my life! "lets go f**king mental!!" ha ha...

Remco was cool as well, we went and watched him quite a few times.

gutted i missed The Foals though :(

Thanks man! Kasabian was a good time indeed :D Remco was really good, we arrived to his little stage and we were 5, then 10, then 50!

I missed so much too but you can't not miss at Sziget...  and Foals just released an album so they are gonna tour next year don't worry!

Our first time at Sziget - bought the tickets when we failed to get Glastonbury tickets last October (succeeded in the April resale, though).Wow - what an experience - we loved it!

We decided to do the trip in our motorhome and made it a month long road-trip, covering 2750 miles and going through 8 countries.

The caravan camping was excellent, very international and extremely friendly. The showers were great - plenty of hot water that never ran out, and adequate capacity if you planned your visit. Flushing proper loos with loo paper were also excellent. We even had an electric hook-up. The facilities were better than several campsites we used in other parts of Europe.

I echo all the other positives that have been posted before, but also got the cough! It really was very dusty towards the end, and that must have been the problem.

The ability to come & go from the site was ideal, and the huge Auchan nearby was great - apart from the booze/liquid restrictions on entering the site. We were intrigued by the displays of alcohol in the aisles at Auchan - how did they think anyone was going to get it into the festival??

Happy memories.

Edited by Magic Bus

I found the gate searches to be very random. when I moved in on the Sat, the guy just hugged my rucksack....opened the top...didn't undo the draw string, closed it...and I was away :)

As for caravans - you need the VIP pass (130 euros I think?) and then a pre-pitched caravan pass (170 euros if I remember correctly?) I was interested in VIP last year but i'm sure I read some where or some one told me on here that it was still quite a noisy area. obviously be better in a caravan. I liked Alternativa camping but having your "pre-going out afternoon nap" was near impossible because of that dam mega loud Europe stage! :)

I like the idea of a caravan as you have power, security, guessing its cool in them? there quieter, no need to set up or pack down, are larger then a tent - but there is the cost, and with any camping upgrade you cant take people back if they haven't got the wristband.

oh....and did anyway see Jungle? they were soooooo good!

The caravan price was split between between the amount of people staying in it rather than per person so the extra cost wasn't too bad. They were hot at about 1pm in the day for a hour or 2 but it wasn't too bad especially with windows or the door open. I found the extra comfort compared to camping made it easier to sleep especially for me as I'm a really light sleeper and I managed to sleep every time I tried to sleep. Having electric in the caravan was a real bonus as well.

I saw Jungle as well and although we were right at the front we were too close to the speakers and so the bass sounded too heavy but I also thought they were better live than I expected.

The caravan price was split between between the amount of people staying in it rather than per person so the extra cost wasn't too bad. They were hot at about 1pm in the day for a hour or 2 but it wasn't too bad especially with windows or the door open. I found the extra comfort compared to camping made it easier to sleep especially for me as I'm a really light sleeper and I managed to sleep every time I tried to sleep. Having electric in the caravan was a real bonus as well.

I saw Jungle as well and although we were right at the front we were too close to the speakers and so the bass sounded too heavy but I also thought they were better live than I expected.

I was quite near the front to the right and i thought the sound was great. I loved jungle and was excited to see them as I missed them the week before at SGP.

I did think the A38 had some sound problems though. Sometimes it was great, other times it seemed quiet.

• 4 weeks later...