ilbeyene

To be fair, Flogging Molly played A38 in 2013, and they're very similar to Dropkicks in terms of size, fans etc.

Lower main stage bands are often smaller that late bands on second stages. It's no big deal

Yeah you're right, but they're the perfect bands for the afternoon in the main, that's the reason why both this bands always get early slots on the main in all the festivals they play.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in the A-38?

Fucking awesome!

Hopefully late on. Although it won't be loud.

*We being Interpol of course.

ETA: Personally, I'd be shocked though if Interpol aren't on the main stage. I can't remember the last time they didn't play the main stage at a festival, apart from when they did the Other Stage at Glasto last year. The record company seem to insist on it.

Edited by Uncle Liam

We're in the A-38?

Fucking awesome!

Hopefully late on. Although it won't be loud.

*We being Interpol of course.

ETA: Personally, I'd be shocked though if Interpol aren't on the main stage. I can't remember the last time they didn't play the main stage at a festival, apart from when they did the Other Stage at Glasto last year. The record company seem to insist on it.

Most American bands do. Exceptions can be made though. Headlining a second stage can sell. Incubus headlined the second stage at Werchter and it was CLASS.

Interpol IS in the A-38 it's official. Look at what Sziget Italia posted.

Qualche nome manca ancora sul Main stage

émoticône wink

10 agosto
1) Winner of the main stage talent show
2) Irie Maffia (HU)
3) Robbie Williams
4) -

11 agosto
1) Gentleman & the Evolution
2) Quimby (HU)
3) Florence and the Machine
4) -

12 agosto
1) Gogol Bordello
2) Alt-j
3) -
4) -

13 agosto
1) The Maccabees
2) Foals
3) Ellie Goulding
4) -

14 agosto
1) Awolnation
2) Marina and the Diamonds
3) Kasabian
4) Avicii

15 agosto
1) Hollywood Undead
2) -
3) -
4) -

16 agosto
1) Limp Bizkit
2) Martin Garrix (End Show)
3) -
4) -

If Interpol clash with Ellie it would be ace!

This year will be my first Sziget, i'm not only interested in the lineup (as it's my only summer holiday week) anyway I think it's quite good and I got a question about the gigs.

Is sziget a festival in which you have to go to a certain stage some hours before the show you want to see if you want to get a very good position? or you can just go right before the gig, during the 30 minutes of break? let's take for example a sub or a headliner on the main/a38.

Because I saw very different kind of festivals, and just wanted to go prepared for the 2-3 act per day that I definitely want to see.

Other question: I heard some people saying that finding place for the tent could be a problem if you don't get in early with a moving-in ticket. Is it true? I think I'll arrive on monday morning, I'm not worried about the queue or the thousands of people coming the same morning, just want to be sure I won't camp near a night stage or things like this :) I think there's a lot of people camping only 5 days so seems strange to me. Thank you in advance!

This year will be my first Sziget, i'm not only interested in the lineup (as it's my only summer holiday week) anyway I think it's quite good and I got a question about the gigs.

Is sziget a festival in which you have to go to a certain stage some hours before the show you want to see if you want to get a very good position? or you can just go right before the gig, during the 30 minutes of break? let's take for example a sub or a headliner on the main/a38.

Because I saw very different kind of festivals, and just wanted to go prepared for the 2-3 act per day that I definitely want to see.

Other question: I heard some people saying that finding place for the tent could be a problem if you don't get in early with a moving-in ticket. Is it true? I think I'll arrive on monday morning, I'm not worried about the queue or the thousands of people coming the same morning, just want to be sure I won't camp near a night stage or things like this :) I think there's a lot of people camping only 5 days so seems strange to me. Thank you in advance!

Depends on the act, I was able to basically stroll right to the front of Manic Street Preachers on Main Stage last year, other acts (Especially if they were on the A38) you probably had to arrive slightly earlier to get a really good spot. I never felt like I was stood too far back from where I wanted to be though, it's always possible to get a pretty good view if you're there just a few minutes before they start IMO.

If you're going on your own and have a single tent you should be able to find space quite easily. A large group trying to camp together on the Monday would be a bit more difficult, but still doable if you arrive early enough I think.

Depends on the act, I was able to basically stroll right to the front of Manic Street Preachers on Main Stage last year, other acts (Especially if they were on the A38) you probably had to arrive slightly earlier to get a really good spot. I never felt like I was stood too far back from where I wanted to be though, it's always possible to get a pretty good view if you're there just a few minutes before they start IMO.

If you're going on your own and have a single tent you should be able to find space quite easily. A large group trying to camp together on the Monday would be a bit more difficult, but still doable if you arrive early enough I think.

Yeah just one tent, thank you very much!

Agree with this. The only issues I had related to trying to get in to the big acts in the A38.

Hi guys,

This year is gonna be my first Sziget and as I plan to visit for only two days I'm trying to decide between staying in the camping site and staying in an apartment in the city center (we're a couple).

I wanted to ask you based on past experience, what are the hours of the festival (like when the acts start and end each day) and if there's public transport going into the city during the night hours?

Hi guys,

This year is gonna be my first Sziget and as I plan to visit for only two days I'm trying to decide between staying in the camping site and staying in an apartment in the city center (we're a couple).

I wanted to ask you based on past experience, what are the hours of the festival (like when the acts start and end each day) and if there's public transport going into the city during the night hours?

4pm-5am. There's public transport that late but only from one exit which is on the opposite side of the river to the city centre (the Ferry stops after the main stage finishes). It's a bit of a walk to a train and then you can get the trams from there. It's OK. I did it on one night last time I went. Not ideal, though.

Edited by edfirth

4pm-5am. There's public transport that late but only from one exit which is on the opposite side of the river to the city centre (the Ferry stops after the main stage finishes). It's a bit of a walk to a train and then you can get the trams from there. It's OK. I did it on one night last time I went. Not ideal, though.

Not true, Cokxpon Chill Out Garden started at 9.15, Robur Sound System at 10.00, Europe Stage and Colosseum at 12.00. And Colosseum's last dj played untill 6.00 like the old Party Arena, so I think it's gonna be the same this year. So, if you really look for it, music runs almost 21/7 with a pause only between 6.00am and 9.00am.

Edited by ilbeyene